ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Vaf5 family permit?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

chtahir
Newly Registered

Post by chtahir » Mon May 14, 2012 8:58 am

Finally got a message saying that the docs are ready for collection...
Lets hope they don't mess us about.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri May 18, 2012 5:12 pm

Did you get the visa yet?

prince1475
Newly Registered

Vaf5

Post by prince1475 » Sat May 19, 2012 6:41 pm

Hello
I am from Goa,India got a Portugal nationality, i have just come to London and looking for job,I want to sponsor my wife who is in india so just wanted to know what is the procedure,what documents do i need.
Is it possible to sponsor her as soon as i get a job or i have to wait till i get my pay slip,in that case how many months pay slips do i have to show.
Is it compulsory to register for residence card to sponsor my wife.
what amount do i have to show in my bank account.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Re: Vaf5

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat May 19, 2012 9:14 pm

prince1475 wrote:Hello
I am from Goa,India got a Portugal nationality, i have just come to London and looking for job,I want to sponsor my wife who is in india so just wanted to know what is the procedure,what documents do i need.
Is it possible to sponsor her as soon as i get a job or i have to wait till i get my pay slip,in that case how many months pay slips do i have to show.
Is it compulsory to register for residence card to sponsor my wife.
what amount do i have to show in my bank account.
It can be much better to just start your own thread...

There is guidance here

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=64442

Please review it and if you still have questions, by all means ask.

chtahir
Newly Registered

Post by chtahir » Mon May 28, 2012 11:11 am

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:Did you get the visa yet?
Sorry for the later reply.
Yes got the visa :-)

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Mon May 28, 2012 6:34 pm

chtahir wrote:
EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:Did you get the visa yet?
Sorry for the later reply.
Yes got the visa :-)
Great and I hope you complain and continue to complain until you get a satisfactory reason as to why the application took so long.

umair55
Newly Registered

plzzz help.

Post by umair55 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:06 pm

helloo guys EUsmileWEallsmile & Directive/2004/38/EC i hav read ur advices on this forum and u both r really helpful. plzzz guys im in a bit trouble can plzz help me on my case. i will b really thankful to u both.
my thread is http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 216#743216
[/b]

Watandar
Netherlands

Post by Watandar » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:14 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:Where did you marry and how much time have you spent together?
Directive,

Due religious/cultural diffirences some couples can only spend time together marriage. I am planning to go to Afghanistan in March or April for 3 weeks to get married and start the EEA family permit application. We will of course include wedding pictures.

Can they refuse EEA family permit because I can only spend 3 weeks in Afghanistan? UKBA cant expect people just leaving their jobs and income so they can spend months in Afghanistan/Africa etc etc?

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:34 pm

Watandar wrote:Due religious/cultural diffirences some couples can only spend time together marriage. I am planning to go to Afghanistan in March or April for 3 weeks to get married and start the EEA family permit application. We will of course include wedding pictures.

Can they refuse EEA family permit because I can only spend 3 weeks in Afghanistan? UKBA cant expect people just leaving their jobs and income so they can spend months in Afghanistan/Africa etc etc?
They can only refuse you if it is a marriage of convenience. That is, if it is done solely for immigration purposes.

I would probably not recommend that you enclose more than your marriage certificate. In theory, if they have reason to believe it is a marriage of convenience, they should then contact you to ask for more evidence that it is not.