ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

For how long the entry can be delayed?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

indoswiss
Newly Registered

For how long the entry can be delayed?

Post by indoswiss » Tue Aug 17, 2004 12:49 pm

Hi,
I have a project now which finishes in two years. If I apply for HSMP now, can I delay it for two years? Like, If I apply now, I will get the result in 4-5 months. If approved, then how soon should I get the entry clearance? If I get the visa on my passport, then how soon should I enter in UK. Can I elongate all this process for two years(from applying for HSMP to enter UK)?
Thanks,
IndoSwiss

bugmaster

Post by bugmaster » Tue Aug 17, 2004 12:56 pm

I think the answer to your question is no if you apply now.
say you wait 6 months for a decision and then you might delay EC for 3 months and then risk another 3 months before entry. this makes it one year. You may however apply next year but of course they might change the rules until then.
Cheers
To light a candle is to cast a shadow...

hk_007

Post by hk_007 » Tue Aug 17, 2004 1:05 pm

With HSMP in hand more UK companies will be inclined to consider you for a position, then you will have a choice between starting in the UK or continuing with what you are doing at present. Its best to apply when the rules and conditions are more favourable for the success of your application.

raoms
Member of Standing

hi

Post by raoms » Tue Aug 17, 2004 1:14 pm

you got to decide your career. If you want to stay with your 2 years project then you better forget the HSMP visa. It can be delayed max by 6 months (once you get it in hand). If you apply after 6 months, who knows what will be the rules that time. May be they will increase the points limit.

indoswiss
Newly Registered

Post by indoswiss » Tue Aug 17, 2004 1:48 pm

HI Thanks a lot.

Under HSMP first we get an initial visa for one year. In this period, can I enter UK after the first 6 months and search jobs online before this time?
I might be relieved from this project after 18 months.

bugmaster

Post by bugmaster » Tue Aug 17, 2004 2:15 pm

You must not stay more thant 3 months outside UK during the first year.

indoswiss
Newly Registered

Post by indoswiss » Tue Aug 17, 2004 2:40 pm

Oh, then I would rather wait, because I cant leave this project due to some obligations.
Thanks a lot.

indoswiss
Newly Registered

One more Q pls.

Post by indoswiss » Tue Aug 17, 2004 3:42 pm

If I have to stay in UK, then can my wife stay outside UK for first 6 months?

bugmaster

Post by bugmaster » Tue Aug 17, 2004 3:54 pm

Now that's a little bit complex. If you got points for her achievement she must come with you and I guess the same rule is up for her - 3 months at the max outside UK for each year. But if you haven't claimed points under spouse achievement then she can stay outside the UK.

hk_007

Post by hk_007 » Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:44 am

A similar topic started by Chess some time back about spouse not joining HSMP applicant also did result in any conclusive answers. But, Indoswiss, since you don't plan on using "spouse points", your wife can join you in the UK anytime that is convenient. She will have to go in for EC separately.