ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR 5 year continuous period broken

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ns.trivedi80
Newly Registered

Post by ns.trivedi80 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:15 pm

Hi ,
I am on a Tier 1 General migrant visa and about to finish my 5 years in coming few months. According to rule, I should be eligible for ILR however i have an issue with it. During my last Tier 1 extension, i had applied through post and was rejected on grounds of fund maintenance. So I reapplied and my visa was been extended. But when i had reapplied, my original visa was expired and was in UK without any status. Can i still apply for ILR or do i need to extend my Tier 1 one more time ? Please let me know if somebody had a similar issue and got their ILR done.

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Re: ILR 5 year continuous period broken

Post by UKBALoveStory » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:05 pm

...But when i had reapplied, my original visa was expired and was in UK without any status

How many days? If less than 28, then you should be fine.

ns.trivedi80
Newly Registered

Post by ns.trivedi80 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:13 pm

Hi,
Thanks for the reply. I received the rejected application after 5 days of expiration of my visa. I reapplied immediately a week after that. The Home office took the payment from my bank account after 15 days of the visa being expired. i.e. Visa expired on 30 Nov 09; i reapplied on 07 Dec 09 and Home office took the payment on 15 Dec 09. Is that OK ?

kranthi15

Post by kranthi15 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:34 pm

reapplied on 7th and u got through this time...

so 7th is considered as date...as its only 7days... you are with in 28 days.... so u should be fine for ILR
Cheers