ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How long can you not collect OCI

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sidshekhar

How long can you not collect OCI

Post by sidshekhar » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:52 pm

Hello,
I had applied for OCI for my new born daughter. The OCI has been granted and it arrived in HCI London on 19/October/12. My daughter is in India, so her passport is with my wife in India. The earliest I get my daughter's passport in the UK is 02/ Jan /2013(when I come back from India), while she(daughter) will still be in India.
My question are:
1) Does HCI London object to put OCI sticker on British passport if you out of the country as it will be in case of my daughter

2)How long do they retain the OCI booklet and the OCI sticker before cancelling it. As in this case my daughter's passport will gets its OCI only in Jan 2013 whereas her approved OCI arrived in the UK on 19 October 2012.

Any help will be appreciated.

Sid

oohlalala
Newly Registered

Post by oohlalala » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:32 pm

Hi Sidshekhar,

Can you confirm if you have managed to get your daughter's OCI given the time gap between the oci reaching london and your planned collection in Jan this year.

I'm planning to delay the collection and any feedback you have will help.