ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR approved - Solihull 27 November - 253 days of absence

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

john_ilr_wp
Newly Registered

ILR approved - Solihull 27 November - 253 days of absence

Post by john_ilr_wp » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:14 pm

Dear all,

My ILR application got approved at Solihull PEO on 27th Nov (WP for 5 years). I got the approval letter today and now waiting for the BRP. I have been a silent reader of this forum for a year or so! Thanks you all for sharing valuable information here.

I had 253 days of absence and out of which 136 for work and there was no single absence with more than 90 days.

I provided:
- application form, passport, LIUK pass cert., and 2 photos
- separate list of absences
- 3 months salary slips and bank statements
- employer letter justifying my work related absences.

The case worked asked me for strongly worded employer letter for the absences. I guess that is a necessary and sufficient requirement if you have work related absences exceeding 180 days.

Good luck :-)

John

uknotts
Newly Registered

Post by uknotts » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:58 pm

Congratulations! John.
Could you please share your employer letter which supports your work related absence? Just would like to know how strong word it should be. Many thanks.

pure desire

Post by pure desire » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:32 pm

first of all congrats on getting ur ILR

u mentioned that "application got approved at Solihull PEO on 27th Nov (WP for 5 years). I got the approval letter today (03 Dec)" isn't that u get the approval letter on the same day....

Plz share ur full experience with us at ur earliest convenience.... along with employers letter.

Did the CW ask for any other relevant document....

john_ilr_wp
Newly Registered

Post by john_ilr_wp » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:49 pm

Hello,

First paragraph of the letter states my joining date and my employment needs to continue for foreseeable future. The nature of my job and how long it takes for the employer to train a new recruit to get to my level.

Second paragraph explains the collaborative nature of my work and necessity of attending meetings, visits to collaborators etc.

Then it says, the absence list is verified and has been a requirement for my job.

Cheers,
John

john_ilr_wp
Newly Registered

Post by john_ilr_wp » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:55 pm

pure desire wrote:first of all congrats on getting ur ILR

u mentioned that "application got approved at Solihull PEO on 27th Nov (WP for 5 years). I got the approval letter today (03 Dec)" isn't that u get the approval letter on the same day....

Plz share ur full experience with us at ur earliest convenience.... along with employers letter.

Did the CW ask for any other relevant document....
Because my application was considered around 4 pm, they told everything is OK and will send the approval letter by post.

No, the CW did not ask me any other documents (I had P60 etc.), just asked for "strongly worded letter from employer". Then CW went to get approval from senior officer, came back and told it is OK and asked me to go to the payment counter.

Cheers,
John

pure desire

Post by pure desire » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:17 pm

john_ilr_wp wrote:Because my application was considered around 4 pm, they told everything is OK and will send the approval letter by post.

No, the CW did not ask me any other documents (I had P60 etc.), just asked for "strongly worded letter from employer". Then CW went to get approval from senior officer, came back and told it is OK and asked me to go to the payment counter.

Cheers,
John
SO That means i should book my appointment at the earliest possible time rather than in the eve.... actually i heard from some one that in solihull these days they r not giving u approval letter on the same day... but a relief that it happen with u only cuz ur case was quite late..

u have any conviction or fines against u ???

If u can share ur experience in a bit more detail.. that will be great

and once again congrats on ur ILR

john_ilr_wp
Newly Registered

Post by john_ilr_wp » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:24 pm

pure desire wrote:
SO That means i should book my appointment at the earliest possible time rather than in the eve.... actually i heard from some one that in solihull these days they r not giving u approval letter on the same day... but a relief that it happen with u only cuz ur case was quite late..

u have any conviction or fines against u ???

If u can share ur experience in a bit more detail.. that will be great

and once again congrats on ur ILR
I have seen them giving approval letters to other applicants. They gave back my passport and other documents the same day.

No, there were no conviction or fines.

I don't have more experience. I had to wait for an hour or so to get my number called. CW took about 15 minutes to decide. No other questions asked.

Thanks!

John