ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Details needed to apply for the dependant work permit

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

stitaprajna

Details needed to apply for the dependant work permit

Post by stitaprajna » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:33 am

I am into IT and will be marrying in mid of Jan. My fiancee is in UK and she holds a PR. After the marriage, I would like to move to UK and search for a Job in Software Development.

I had earlier obtained an HSMP but I did not go to UK.
So, I have few of the documents (Graduation in English Language - college/university letter, NARIC Certificate, HSMP) that may be used now for the dependent work permit.

I need help on the following:
1. What documents I need from my fiancee?
2. What documents of mine are required?
3. What are the various Marriage related documents like photos(any guidelines), reg. certificate that are required?
4. How many days it takes for the visa processing?
5. Any web links that provide specific details on the above information?
6. What are the job prospects in Java, JEE software development space in UK?

Thanks in advance,
Stitaprajna

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Re: Details needed to apply for the dependant work permit

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:16 am

stitaprajna wrote:I am into IT and will be marrying in mid of Jan. My fiancee is in UK and she holds a PR.
So is not a WP migrant as you have suggested in the title of your post. Can you clarify her immigration status? If she is a settled resident would you prefer to apply to marry in the UK and then remain there to settle, or marry elsewhere and then apply for settlement as a partner.

stitaprajna

Re: Details needed to apply for the dependant work permit

Post by stitaprajna » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:34 am

Lucapooka wrote: So is not a WP migrant as you have suggested in the title of your post. Can you clarify her immigration status? If she is a settled resident would you prefer to apply to marry in the UK and then remain there to settle, or marry elsewhere and then apply for settlement as a partner.
Thank you Lucapooka.
By work permit, I was meaning to say 'visa category that would allow me to work in the UK'. Her visa status is 'Indefinitly Leave to remain'. I will be marrying her when she comes back to India in Jan 2013. After the wedding, she will have to go back to UK and I have to apply for a visa category that would allow me to work there and then fly to UK.

Thanks again.

stitaprajna

Post by stitaprajna » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:14 pm

Can someone help me please ?
This is very urgent.

Few years back by going through the postings in this forum, I was able to apply for HSMP. But, now I am finding it extremely difficult and not able to make any progress.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:00 am

Following your marriage, your route to UK would be a spouse visa, which would entitle you to work without needing further 'work permit'.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.