ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Set M Late Application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Dansette
Newly Registered

Set M Late Application

Post by Dansette » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:59 pm

Hi all - we just discovered what I hope is not a major issue tonight, but it feels like it could be.

My wife is a US citizen, we have two children, both with UK passports. I'm a UK citizen by birth.

My wife has been here for two years and has passed her Life in the UK test. We were planning to put her Set M paperwork in, but had missread her passport and have just realised her visa expired today.

So I understand from the Home Office website that you have to apply for permanent leave to remain before your visa expires, but that is not possible for us now.

Can anyone help us understand how big a problem we have now?

Thanks

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:45 pm

Per a recent change, overstays up to 28 days can be disregarded. But I am not entirely knowledgeable on how it affects the application process (the mechanical details). So not the end of the world, but definitely some inconveniences ahead.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

Dansette
Newly Registered

Thanks

Post by Dansette » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:06 pm

That's good to know thanks.