ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sandru
Newly Registered

naturalisation

Post by sandru » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:59 pm

hi all, does the driving licence points and fixed penalty will affect for naturalisation application...i am due for naturalisation application but just last week i got 3 points on my licence...in uk.. naturalisation application for uk as well. please help me..

Gyfrinachgar
Member of Standing

Re: naturalisation

Post by Gyfrinachgar » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:46 am

sandru wrote:hi all, does the driving licence points and fixed penalty will affect for naturalisation application...i am due for naturalisation application but just last week i got 3 points on my licence...in uk.. naturalisation application for uk as well. please help me..
A single FPN will not affect your application at all. It would only get tricky if (a) there is a large number of FPNs (as it could suggest "a pattern of offending") or (b) it was for driving while uninsured or disqualified or driving whilst using a mobile phone (in the eyes of HO "not minor offences"), or (c) if one of FPNs has been referred to court (e.g. for non payment). See here, here, and especially here.

sandru
Newly Registered

naturalisation

Post by sandru » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:02 am

hi everyone does a bus lane uasage FPN issued by council should be declared in naturalisation application, and speeding FPN 3 points fine issue by police should be declared in application already licence sent for police to endorse and payment is done. if these 2 are in same month will it affect naturalisation application.

Gyfrinachgar
Member of Standing

Post by Gyfrinachgar » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:26 am

sandru wrote:hi everyone does a bus lane uasage FPN issued by council should be declared in naturalisation application, and speeding FPN 3 points fine issue by police should be declared in application already licence sent for police to endorse and payment is done. if these 2 are in same month will it affect naturalisation application.
Yes, these need to be declared. Normally, they will not have an impact on your application, except both of them have been in your final year (see here and here, as well as section 3.6 of the guide AN). If you are about to apply for naturalisation, you should delay your application until the first of the two FPNs is more than a year old.

sandru
Newly Registered

naturalisation

Post by sandru » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:30 pm

hi thanks for your reply very useful,
but is a penalty charge notice issued by a council willl affect the naturalisation process as it is not having a record of who the person is and no police intervention or court. do you think its affects the application.
thanks.

Gyfrinachgar
Member of Standing

Post by Gyfrinachgar » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:06 am

sandru wrote:but is a penalty charge notice issued by a council willl affect the naturalisation process as it is not having a record of who the person is and no police intervention or court. do you think its affects the application.
You've got to be more exact. Earlier, you wrote that you received a Fixed Penalty Notice (FPN). Penalty Charge Notices (PCNs) are something entirely different. They require payment of a penalty but do not result in a criminal record or any points on your driving licence. FPNs are more serious - for example, if you get a PCN and FPN for the same offence, the latter supercedes the first and the PCN will simply be dropped. Unlike FPNs, you do not need to list PCNs in your application.

sandru
Newly Registered

naturalisation

Post by sandru » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:11 am

thankyou very much,
actually i had one PCN and one FPN which is later... because i dont know the difference between them i though both r FPN but the one i recieved earlier is PCN.
thankyou anyhow..

skymoon

Post by skymoon » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:44 am

Don't worry you need to declare only Fixed Penalty Notice on your application and as it is Fixed Penalty there should be no problem. INSHALLAH you will get your approval.