ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application without sponsor licence and CoS

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Vj1510
Newly Registered

Post by Vj1510 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:09 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Any category that allows 28 days overstay for a leave to remain application.
My company has applied for license in mid june and still waiting for the outcome. My visa end dec 8th. The question now is,

1. could i wait for 28 days after my visa expires that is dec 8th to apply for Tier 2 visa without COS and with only the reference number of license application?

2. Is it good to do more than one tier 2 applications in same manner without COS!

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:37 pm

Vj1510 wrote:
sushdmehta wrote:Any category that allows 28 days overstay for a leave to remain application.
My company has applied for license in mid june and still waiting for the outcome. My visa end dec 8th. The question now is,

1. could i wait for 28 days after my visa expires that is dec 8th to apply for Tier 2 visa without COS and with only the reference number of license application?

2. Is it good to do more than one tier 2 applications in same manner without COS!
To my understanding currently they are processing early June 2012 applications, so when you have 10 days left prior to your visa expiry date ask your employer for Urgent Treatment.

If you do not get COS in time then apply without COS,specify Application Reference Number ,covering letter explaining your situation from your employ and copy of email which you would receive for urgent treatment.

Ask your company to communicate with UKBA regarding your application for T2 License.

Thanks

sussexguy

Post by sussexguy » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:15 pm

muhdkhokhar wrote:
Vj1510 wrote:

To my understanding currently they are processing early June 2012 applications, so when you have 10 days left prior to your visa expiry date ask your employer for Urgent Treatment.

If you do not get COS in time then apply without COS,specify Application Reference Number ,covering letter explaining your situation from your employ and copy of email which you would receive for urgent treatment.

Ask your company to communicate with UKBA regarding your application for T2 License.

Thanks

Guys,

This is the closest post that I came across which is mildly similar to my situation.

- Can I apply for an extension on the last day of the expiry of the current VISA and start working based on this? If so does online/ postal make any difference?
- If I apply for an extension, after the expiry of the current VISA, but within 28 days, will I be able to start working based on this?

Please, could you also point me to the right section on the UKBA rules.

Regards,
S

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:00 pm

sussexguy wrote: Guys,

This is the closest post that I came across which is mildly similar to my situation.

- Can I apply for an extension on the last day of the expiry of the current VISA and start working based on this? If so does online/ postal make any difference?
- If I apply for an extension, after the expiry of the current VISA, but within 28 days, will I be able to start working based on this?

Regards,
S
You have not said what visa you are currently on. When did your sponsor apply for sponsorship?

sussexguy

Post by sussexguy » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:15 pm

physicskate wrote:
sussexguy wrote: Guys,

Regards,
S
You have not said what visa you are currently on. When did your sponsor apply for sponsorship?
Currently on a Tier 2(General). I want to apply for a new job with same VISA category.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:32 pm

Yes you can apply on the last day.

You cannot work for a new employer until your application has been approved. See 245GE h) (iii) of the rules. If you apply after your visa expires you cannot work all until your application is approved as indicated in my reply in your other thread.

sussexguy

Post by sussexguy » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:55 pm

Greenie wrote:Yes you can apply on the last day.

You cannot work for a new employer until your application has been approved. See 245GE h) (iii) of the rules. If you apply after your visa expires you cannot work all until your application is approved as indicated in my reply in your other thread.
Thanks, so if I submit an online application on the LAST day, I CAN work.right?
I CANNOT work if I apply AFTER the expiry until approval.

Is that you mean?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:54 pm

If you submit an application on the last day you can continue to work for your current sponsor. You cannot start working for your new sponsor until your application has been approved, regardless of whether you apply in time or not.

sussexguy

Post by sussexguy » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:51 am

Greenie wrote:If you submit an application on the last day you can continue to work for your current sponsor. You cannot start working for your new sponsor until your application has been approved, regardless of whether you apply in time or not.
Thanks Greenie,

Does this apply for a new job for the same employer?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:54 am

If you are working for the same employer you can continue to work if you submit an application before your leave expires. If you submit the application after your leave has expired you cannot work until the application granted.