ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) application question 7

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

chiba
Newly Registered

FLR(M) application question 7

Post by chiba » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:34 pm

Hi,

My "wife" is applying for flr(m) ,she is currrently in the uk on a yms visa. Her salary is about 10K PA.

I'm stuck on q7 about my financial status. I 've been working at the same company for nearly two years but have been on contract. My job title and salary have changed.

mar '11 to sep '12 contract @ 21k pa
oct '12 to Sep '13 contract @ 25k pa

we are applying in Dec '12

Do I fill in the form as though I've had one job at one company? Or do I say I've had two jobs and started a new one in Oct '12?

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: FLR(M) application question 7

Post by Damanisshallo » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:57 am

chiba wrote:Hi,

My "wife" is applying for flr(m) ,she is currrently in the uk on a yms visa. Her salary is about 10K PA.
Please confirm what visa is she on currently?
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

chiba
Newly Registered

Post by chiba » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:22 am

She's on a Tier 5 Youth Mobility Scheme visa from Japan.

I called the UKBA and they said it was ok to change to a spouse visa flr(m) providing she had been in the UK more thn 6 months , which she has.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: FLR(M) application question 7

Post by Damanisshallo » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:44 am

chiba wrote:Hi,

I'm stuck on q7 about my financial status. I 've been working at the same company for nearly two years but have been on contract. My job title and salary have changed.

we are applying in Dec '12

Do I fill in the form as though I've had one job at one company? Or do I say I've had two jobs and started a new one in Oct '12?

I personally think a letter from your employer stating Start date, Designation, Type of Contract, Duration of the job in a table should do.

Also ask for your contract papers for both positions. You can include your previous six months payslips and Bank statements (reflecting your pay) similar documents for your wife.

Even though, your salary is way above the set threshold (18600) with no child, I'd suggest you to submit your wife's financial status.

I was in a similar situation but then I was promoted a year ago. My employer issued a letter with my complete employment history with them.
What position I joined, at what pay, when I got promoted, what was the increased salary...yela yela yela...

-HTH
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

chiba
Newly Registered

Post by chiba » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:02 am

Thanks for your advice

I have a letter from my employer detailing my previous contract and current one. I also have the original contracts and pay slips.

What I'm not clear about is how fill the form.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:19 am

chiba wrote:What I'm not clear about is how fill the form.
Where the applicant’s partner and/or the applicant (if they are in the UK with permission to work) is in salaried employment at the point of Application and has been with the same employer for at least the last 6 months, the applicant can count the gross annual salary (at its lowest level in those 6 months) towards the financial requirement. http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary
The statement in bold should answer your query. I presume it should be £21000 in your case.
Skydrives, Templates

chiba
Newly Registered

Post by chiba » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:30 am

These are three pages i'm stuck on.

Been at the same company

Last edited by chiba on Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

chiba
Newly Registered

Post by chiba » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:32 am

Damanisshallo wrote:
chiba wrote:What I'm not clear about is how fill the form.
Where the applicant’s partner and/or the applicant (if they are in the UK with permission to work) is in salaried employment at the point of Application and has been with the same employer for at least the last 6 months, the applicant can count the gross annual salary (at its lowest level in those 6 months) towards the financial requirement. http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary
The statement in bold should answer your query. I presume it should be £21000 in your case.
Ok, yes 21k was the lowest, thanks for your advice.