ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Leave to Remain

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

isaac2k2

Leave to Remain

Post by isaac2k2 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:42 pm

Hi All

My renewal date for indefinite leave to remain is drawing near and would advise from those who have already completed theirs.

I got my visa in march 2007 and did not leave the country until august 2007 (about 5months later).

After 3yrs, I applied for renewal which was initially refused as I did not know about the funds to have in account for up to 12months but after seeing a Judge who accepted my case since I had the funds offshore, my extension was granted on September 2010 (I lost almost 5months between march 2010 when the first visa was due until Sept 2010 when it was extended).

Now I am planning to ensure that I do not make same mistake again for the leave to remain. So can anyone assist with when I need to file my application and anything else I need to have ready for a smooth renewal.

Thanks

Adojay

Post by Adojay » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:23 am

Mods, can this be moved to posts for ILR?

Isaac2k2, please can you be more specific in your timelines? Let us have the following bits of information;

What visa category you were initially issued

Exact date entry clearance (EC) was granted

Date you arrived the UK under the visa category

Date your current visa expires

With these, members will be able to advise of when you would need to apply for ILR.

Kind regards,

Adojay
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

- Vince Lombardi

isaac2k2

Post by isaac2k2 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:20 pm

Thanks Adojay

I have resubmitted my query in ILR category and added more specifics as you earlier requested.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 074#744074