ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Preparing for ILR for me and my family

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

isaac2k2

Preparing for ILR for me and my family

Post by isaac2k2 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:19 pm

Hi All

My renewal date for ILR is drawing near and would need advise from those who have already completed theirs.

Break Down of Visa TimeLines:

1. Entry Clearance
Issued Date: 26/March/2008
Expiry Date: 26/March/2010
Date of Entry into Country: 23/August/2008

Renewal was initially refused due to funds but that was sorted out in court and the Judge accepted my case since I had the funds

2. Resident Permit:
Issued Date: 09/September/2010
Expiry Date: 09/September/2013

Type of Visa: Tier1 (General) Migrant

Questions:

1. When should I apply for the ILR
2. We had twin kids who are now 2yrs old. Do I need to get my native country passport for them and apply alongside
3. How much funds do I need to have in my account and for how long should it be there for
4. I made a mistake by applying for child benefit for my twin kids following advise from people. This was initially accepted by HRMC even after I had asked them about it but after two weeks of applying, I sort advise from other people and was told that it was wrong. So I immediately sent a written letter to HMRC apologizing about this and asked them to cancel it which they accepted back with a written letter to me and also cancelled it. All this was within a month after applying. So I am not sure how BAD this would affect the ILR or if this will be asked in the application form.

I really need some advise here..

Thanks

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Re: Preparing for ILR for me and my family

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:31 pm

isaac2k2 wrote:Hi All

My renewal date for ILR is drawing near and would need advise from those who have already completed theirs.

Break Down of Visa TimeLines:

1. Entry Clearance
Issued Date: 26/March/2008
Expiry Date: 26/March/2010
Date of Entry into Country: 23/August/2008

Renewal was initially refused due to funds but that was sorted out in court and the Judge accepted my case since I had the funds

2. Resident Permit:
Issued Date: 09/September/2010
Expiry Date: 09/September/2013

Type of Visa: Tier1 (General) Migrant

Questions:

1. When should I apply for the ILR during 28 days leading to 5 years from your date of entry in 23 Aug 2008.
2. We had twin kids who are now 2yrs old. Do I need to get my native country passport for them and apply alongside if they were born in the UK, then no real use of native country passport if they are not going to be travelling out of UK for 6 months from when you get your ILR.
3. How much funds do I need to have in my account and for how long should it be there for Read Set O form and Guidance
4. I made a mistake by applying for child benefit for my twin kids following advise from people. This was initially accepted by HRMC even after I had asked them about it but after two weeks of applying, I sort advise from other people and was told that it was wrong. So I immediately sent a written letter to HMRC apologizing about this and asked them to cancel it which they accepted back with a written letter to me and also cancelled it. All this was within a month after applying. So I am not sure how BAD this would affect the ILR or if this will be asked in the application form. Did you 'get' the benefit money? If you did not, then fine. If you did, then you need to repay that back, and get a letter from HMRC confirming the same. If you only applied (and subsequently had it cancelled/voided) but not received any money, then don't worry about it.

I really need some advise here..

Thanks
also read this http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=79378
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

Adojay

Post by Adojay » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:55 pm

Isaac2k2, the earliest you can make a postal application for ILR is Saturday 27th July 2013. Should you want to make an in-person appointment at a PEO, the earliest you can do that would be Monday 29th Jul 2013.

You do not need to include kids born in the UK in your ILR application. Once you obtain ILR, you can register them for British Citizenship. However, those born outside the UK must be included.

You do not need maintenance funds for ILR application. As wpilr_nov12 stated, you would need to read the Set O form and Guidance for all the information you would need. As your application is still a long shot away, you will have to continuously check for updates for any changes to the current rules.

Kind regards

Adojay
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

- Vince Lombardi

isaac2k2

Post by isaac2k2 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:11 pm

Thanks

I would like to clarify this:

2. For my twin kids, they were born in UK. Won't they need a passport so the VISA will also be stamped for ILR?

4. They actually paid in the money within two weeks of applying which prompted me inquiring further. When I wrote them the letter within the same week they paid the money, I included in my letter a refund cheque immediately totaling the amount paid. They took the money back and sent me an acknowledgement letter stating the money had been taken and account cancelled.

Do I need to say that I had collected Child Benefit in the ILR form? If Yes, how would they know if I had refunded the money if there is no clause in that section to say Yes I did collect but returned immediately.

Also recently this year since I changed my job like trice, I had received like two to three letters from Tax office indicating Tax code changes. Is this supposed to be so?

Adojay

Post by Adojay » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:35 pm

isaac2k2 wrote:Thanks

I would like to clarify this:

2. For my twin kids, they were born in UK. Won't they need a passport so the VISA will also be stamped for ILR? - First of, there are no vignettes stamped on passports anymore. These have now been replaced by Biometric Resident Permit cards (BRP). Your kids born in the UK do not need to apply for ILR so no question of them requiring passports for ILR application. Unless they plan to travel out of the UK during your ILR application, they do not require a Passport. All that is required is for you to register them for BC after you have obtained ILR. After the registration, you can go ahead and apply for Passports for them if you so desire.

4. They actually paid in the money within two weeks of applying which prompted me inquiring further. When I wrote them the letter within the same week they paid the money, I included in my letter a refund cheque immediately totaling the amount paid. They took the money back and sent me an acknowledgement letter stating the money had been taken and account cancelled.

Do I need to say that I had collected Child Benefit in the ILR form? If Yes, how would they know if I had refunded the money if there is no clause in that section to say Yes I did collect but returned immediately. - As long as you have refunded any money you claimed for Child Benefit (CB), and have your acknowledgement from HMRC confirming same, you do not need to say you collected CB. However, if making an in-person application at a PEO, you may have to carry this evidence with you, and only present it if Case Worker brings up this issue.

Also recently this year since I changed my job like trice, I had received like two to three letters from Tax office indicating Tax code changes. Is this supposed to be so? - This has no relevance to ILR application. Just show proof of earning by whichever means you want, that is, bank statement, payslips or P60 and letter from employer.

- Vince Lombardi

isaac2k2

Post by isaac2k2 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:28 pm

Thanks mate, you have made my day :)

Few more questions if you don't mind:

- If I am doing in-person appointment at a PEO, what will the cost be compared to normal posting or where can I find the cost details? I saw somewhere stating £500 for me and £250 for others.

- Should I assume that my kids given birth here would not be included in this cost except my wife and son who came with me

- I would like to clarify this bcos I am a bit worried, I had received tax return this year stating I over-paid my tax. Is it safe to assume that this isn't classified as part of the public funds?

Thanks

Adojay

Post by Adojay » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:06 pm

isaac2k2 wrote:Thanks mate, you have made my day :)

Few more questions if you don't mind:

- If I am doing in-person appointment at a PEO, what will the cost be compared to normal posting or where can I find the cost details? I saw somewhere stating £500 for me and £250 for others. - Check the Set O form for the various costs for main applicant and dependants.

- Should I assume that my kids given birth here would not be included in this cost except my wife and son who came with me - Again, yes.

- I would like to clarify this bcos I am a bit worried, I had received tax return this year stating I over-paid my tax. Is it safe to assume that this isn't classified as part of the public funds? - Money returned to you as a result of over payment of tax is not public funds. Check with HMRC to confirm you are paying the right amount of tax based on your correct tax code. Again, this has nothing to do with your ILR application

Thanks

- Vince Lombardi

isaac2k2

Post by isaac2k2 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:26 pm

Hi

I have taken a bit of interest to read some posts on this awesome website :). I did come across this "Life in the UK Test".

- Is this also a requirement before I can apply for ILR?
- When I book for in-person in one of the PEOs, do I need to go with my wife and kid to the place?
- I was checking my points using the Point Based Calculator and got this message:

You must enter a first successful application date of 29/02/2008 if you are seeking to extend your stay having been granted leave under the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme.

I am assuming the question "Enter the date of your first successful Tier 1 application" is referring to the date my entry clearance visa was granted?

Adojay

Post by Adojay » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:08 am

isaac2k2 wrote:Hi

I have taken a bit of interest to read some posts on this awesome website :). I did come across this "Life in the UK Test".

- Is this also a requirement before I can apply for ILR? - You still haven't read the Set O Form and Guidance. If you had you would have read that it is a MUST for you and any one of your dependants over the age of 18, unless of course you are over the age of 65. See link; http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... uage-life/. Please read the Set O Form and Guidance before posting.
- When I book for in-person in one of the PEOs, do I need to go with my wife and kid to the place? - Yes, if they are applying with you. You may come along with your UK born kids if you do not have anyone to look after them.
- I was checking my points using the Point Based Calculator and got this message:

You must enter a first successful application date of 29/02/2008 if you are seeking to extend your stay having been granted leave under the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme.

I am assuming the question "Enter the date of your first successful Tier 1 application" is referring to the date my entry clearance visa was granted? - Am not sure about that one. I believe you can also check your points using the Set O Forms and Guidance

- Vince Lombardi

isaac2k2

Post by isaac2k2 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:24 am

Thanks Adojay, I will read the Set O Guidance now.

stokbrig

preparing for ILR for me and my family

Post by stokbrig » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:38 pm

[quote="Adojay"]Isaac2k2, the earliest you can make a postal application for ILR is Saturday 27th July 2013. Should you want to make an in-person appointment at a PEO, the earliest you can do that would be Monday 29th Jul 2013.

Hi there, did you apply 28 days rule from the arrival date to calculate the earliest application date? and why there are 3 days time lag between postal and in-person application?
please advice