ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Successful Spouse Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mrmike

Successful Spouse Visa

Post by mrmike » Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:53 am

Hi

I'd just like to thank all members of this forum and especially the moderators for the wealth of knowledge that is available. Mainly through researching this site I was able to gather the information I needed to complete my spousal visa application and it was basically a rel eye opener to the huge amount of evidence needed and time required to ensure a successful application.

My Basic Hisory is as follows:

New Zealand Citizen

Working Holiday Visa from January 2004 - January 2006

Overstayed and worked illegally from January 2006 - Decemebr 2006

Returned Home in late December 2006,

Got married at registry office on 5th January 2007

Posted off my application 5th January 2007 to the British High Comission in Wellington, New Zealand.

Application was receved on 8th January.

The assistant Entrance Clearance Officer emailed me on 15th Janury informing me that she had passed the the applcation through to the ECO (all incomplete applications are weeded out by the assistant entrance clearance officer before being passed to the ECO) but the ECO requiered a letter explaining why I had overstayed my visa (I was honest about the overstaying part as I used evidence of living with my partner during the peiod of overstaying). I faxed a letter in to the AECO excplainig that we were basically in love and did not want to be apart or know what to do and this was all fine.

I was informed of successful result on January 29 (exactly 3 weeks later) and a huge weight felt like it had lifted from my shoulders.

The following is the evidence I provided and the sections I broke it up into (all in a plastic binder with separate clear envelopes).

PARTICULARS
1) VAF2 Form
2) Marriage Cert
3) Birth Certs (both)
4) Passport (Mine)
5) Notarised copy of pasport (my partner)

OUR RELATIONSHIP
1) Emails between us over time (over the last 2 years)
2) Cellular phone bills showing calls between us (over the last year)
3) Photos of us together (over the lst 2 years)
4) Common bills to the same address (included council tax, car insurance
etc)
5) Signed letters from 4 of out close friends stating our relationship is
genuine.
6) Personal statement about our relationship (me)
7) Personal statement about our relationship (my partner)

FINANCIAL
1) Bank Statements from my Partner (last 12 months)
2) Payslips from my Partner (last 12 months)
3) Employment Contract (My Partner)
4) Letter from my Partners employer stating salary and duties.
5) Evidence of my Partners savings.
6) Evidence of my savings.
7) My University Degree.
8 ) My CV.

ACCOMODATION
1) Lease for out property
2) Letter from out landlord stating amount of rent and the layout of the
property. (also that we are reliable tennants etc)
3) Photos of out property.
4) Signed letters from out 2 flatmates stating that we are reliable
flatmates.

I also include flight and acommodation details of out honeymoon etc as further proof.

I have made this post for 3 reasons, first of all to show my thanks for all of the great information to be found here, secondly to show that the avenue of returning home to your own country (even after living in the Uk illegally for a period of time) and applying there really does work and lastly in the hope that if will help others to successfully achieve an outcome that I found to be one of the most stressful experiences of my life.

I hope the above helps and I sincerely think it is not as bad as you think it is, just make sure that you attach all of the evidence that you possibly can and stay positive

Mike

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:17 am

Mike, great news. Just another indication that honesty is always the correct policy. And the opposite ... get caught in the lie ... wave the visa goodbye!

Hope you and your wife have a long and happy life together in the UK.
John

abdul hassan
Newly Registered

well done

Post by abdul hassan » Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:55 am

Really glad for you mate

mrmike

Post by mrmike » Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:56 am

Thanks for the kind words guys and yes I agree honesty is the best way, I was worried about it at first but previous immigration history is not a reason for a visa to be refused, however lying certainly is so definately go with the honesty.

just remember most ECOs you deal with will be good normal people who you can have faith in

eliasuk4u
Member of Standing

Post by eliasuk4u » Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:23 am

yes I agree honesty is the best way, I was worried about it at first but previous immigration history is not a reason for a visa to be refused, however lying certainly is so definately go with the honesty.
Absoluely right. Honesty is the best policy. I was in a same boat as you were with bad immigration history but succeeded. Well I guess the application with strong evidence folder will do the job.

Goodluck and congrats.

samkma
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by samkma » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:35 pm

Mr. Mike Congrats