ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Nationality status of child born outside UK

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Mrs Khan

Nationality status of child born outside UK

Post by Mrs Khan » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:00 pm

Hi
I have tried to do my research however didn't find answer to my query. I hope if someone can guide me on this forum.

If a child is born outside the UK, by a British National, who acquired nationality by residence and not birth), is this child entitle to apply for british passport?

Any answer would be appreciated.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:04 pm

aledeniz
United Kingdom

Re: Nationality status of child born outside UK

Post by aledeniz » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:44 pm

Mrs Khan wrote:If a child is born outside the UK, by a British National, who acquired nationality by residence and not birth), is this child entitle to apply for british passport?
As far as I understand, the naturalised parent is British "not by descent", while the child born abroad after the said naturalisation is British "by descent". If the law will not be changed meanwhile, the children of this child, if born in the UK will be British "not by descent", while if born abroad they will not be automatically British, but they could be registered so depending upon various circumstances.