ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa checks

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Chloe_inuk
Newly Registered

Spouse visa checks

Post by Chloe_inuk » Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:38 pm

Hi i am a sponsor for my husband in Jamaica, we have been waiting 3 months now for interview date. Anybody know how long its going to take, and do the ECO's make checks on spouses documents. eg. if you include mortgage statements do they call your mortgage company, and your bank with bank statements, and your employer....

Please reply-somebody......................

Chloe_inuk
Newly Registered

PLEASE SOMEBODY ANSWER!!!!!

Post by Chloe_inuk » Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:51 pm

Please respond somebody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eliasuk4u
Member of Standing

Post by eliasuk4u » Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:52 am

do the ECO's make checks on spouses documents. eg. if you include mortgage statements do they call your mortgage company, and your bank with bank statements, and your employer....

ECO do make checks on spouses identification documents such as passports but very much doubt that they check upon mortgage and banks.
Did your spouse tried calling British high commission? What was there respose

Chloe_inuk
Newly Registered

Post by Chloe_inuk » Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:06 am

Hi, thanks for your reply-i am the spouse----I have phoned around 6/7 times since the application went in and e-mailed them about 6/7 again....They just keep telling me as soon as we get an interview date for your husband we will let him know...I have got a letter from the MP also, i have provided so much information....I am worried about two things on his application-he overstayed in the UK for 6 years, however i know he can argue this, all of his family are here, doesnt have any ties in Jamaica anymore, we have a daughter together....I am also worried about criminal convictions-he had a few driving convictions whilst in UK, started with speeding and no insurance then went to a ban, and then driving whilst disqualified.....he was never sentenced for 12 months, he was given 3 months in prison before...he has got a warrant out for his arrest thou if he gets back to UK, for driving whilst disqualified, how will this impact his application.....

boboselecta
Newly Registered

Post by boboselecta » Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:10 am

[quote="I am worried about two things on his application-he overstayed in the UK for 6 years, however i know he can argue this, all of his family are here, doesnt have any ties in Jamaica anymore, we have a daughter together....I am also worried about criminal convictions-he had a few driving convictions whilst in UK, started with speeding and no insurance then went to a ban, and then driving whilst disqualified.....he was never sentenced for 12 months, he was given 3 months in prison before...he has got a warrant out for his arrest thou if he gets back to UK, for driving whilst disqualified, how will this impact his application.....[/quote]

sounds like his track record isn't that good, they ususally investigate when there is a criminal element involved, hence the long wait. sorry to sound negative, and not forgetting the 6 year overstay...