ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

new passport for switching from psw to tier 2

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

surajchain
Newly Registered

new passport for switching from psw to tier 2

Post by surajchain » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:33 am

Hi,

Currently I am on Tier 1 Post Study Work Visa which is valid till Nov 2013.
I have been issued a BRP card for the same.

Next year my company will be applying for my Tier 2 General Migrant visa.

I have an Indian passport whose validity is still there for 5 more years but the blank pages are almost over.

Hence I am planning to go to the Indian Embassy here in London - Holborn and apply for a fresh passport booklet. This will also be helpful to me if I plan to go for vacation to France because for issuing a France visa they need a passport with not more than 10 years validity and my current one was origianlly issued with 20 yrs validity.

My question is - When I get the new passport can I use that one for the Tier 2 General Migrant visa next year or I should not apply for new passport and have to use the current passport only that was used for applying for the Tier 1 PSW visa i.e. BRP card ?

Many thanks
Suraj