ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Basic question - Child born in UK

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Rajuk09
Member of Standing

Basic question - Child born in UK

Post by Rajuk09 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:22 pm

Hi All,

Myself and wife got ILR last week and got our Biometrics cards as well.On the basis of 5 yr WP + Tier1. We are going for British Passport Our child born (2.5 yrs old) in UK . Please correct me in the following.

1) Use MN1 application form ? - Went through this form many times , but from first page onwards its confusing for me,for ex - could not see a question properly asking about childs First name ? Just saw Surname , can I give first name in Other names ? Like this lots of sections when read , seems not applicable , please correct me .

2) Absense - Can the child be absent for 170 days ? will this be a problem ?

3) NCS - will these people check if the entries are correct and help us filling the form if we have missed any ?

Please advice.
Kind regards
Raj

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:06 pm

Has the child been registered as a British citizen?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Rajuk09
Member of Standing

Post by Rajuk09 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:14 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Has the child been registered as a British citizen?
I beleive , for registration only we have the NCS appointment tomorrow and going to submit MN1 form with our ILR details. Are we doing anhything wrong here ?

vij_sp_1980

Post by vij_sp_1980 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:34 pm

nothing wrong just the typo mistake as you said you are applying your son's british passport instead of saying you are registering him as briitsh citizen. :D

Dont Worry NCS will correct any mistakes you have done in the form.

Rajuk09
Member of Standing

Post by Rajuk09 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:39 pm

vij_sp_1980 wrote:nothing wrong just the typo mistake as you said you are applying your son's british passport instead of saying you are registering him as briitsh citizen. :D

Dont Worry NCS will correct any mistakes you have done in the form.
oh sorry about that so with my situation m , MN1 is the right form and we are planning to leave the spaces blank if we do not know the answer ,so they will help us filling it right ?

vij_sp_1980

Post by vij_sp_1980 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:46 pm

yes always suggested to leave them blank if you are not sure and then make sure you ask all the left out ones in the NCS appt and fill the missing ones.

Even i have done the same and once got clarified from NCS staff filled the same.

Rajuk09
Member of Standing

Post by Rajuk09 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:53 pm

vij_sp_1980 wrote:yes always suggested to leave them blank if you are not sure and then make sure you ask all the left out ones in the NCS appt and fill the missing ones.

Even i have done the same and once got clarified from NCS staff filled the same.
Thank you very much mate.Just another dumb question , once getting approval I can apply for passport by getting the form from Post office ?

vij_sp_1980

Post by vij_sp_1980 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:02 pm

There are no dumb questions and feel free to ask your queries. :D

Yes you are right that once you get the british registration certificate you can apply for the british passport by collecting forms from any postoffice.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:03 pm

Yes.

Apologies! Your statement about "going for British passport" put me off-track and I did not bother to read further. Had I done so, I would have seen "MN1".

"Read carefully" applies to me, this time. :wink:

Rajuk09
Member of Standing

Post by Rajuk09 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:07 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Yes.

Apologies! Your statement about "going for British passport" put me off-track and I did not bother to read further. Had I done so, I would have seen "MN1".

"Read carefully" applies to me, this time. :wink:
No problems Sushdmehta, appreciate your help.

Thanks a ton vij_sp_1980.
regards
Raj

IBFI
Newly Registered

Post by IBFI » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:15 am

Hello everyone,

Sorry if this has been answered anywhere else.

Our daughter was born in UK a month before my wife and I got our ILR. There was no rush for us to register her thru MN1 and applying for the British passport.

Now my wife and I wife are applying for naturalisation.

My question here is once we both become citizens, does my daugher still have to go thru MN1 process or can we apply for British Passport given we would have become citizens by then?

Please any comments here will be much appreciated.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:40 am

IBFI wrote:Hello everyone,

Sorry if this has been answered anywhere else.

Our daughter was born in UK a month before my wife and I got our ILR. There was no rush for us to register her thru MN1 and applying for the British passport.

Now my wife and I wife are applying for naturalisation.

My question here is once we both become citizens, does my daugher still have to go thru MN1 process or can we apply for British Passport given we would have become citizens by then?

Please any comments here will be much appreciated.
Yes. Registration is still required.

You becoming British will only affect future children, not existing ones.

Rajuk09
Member of Standing

Post by Rajuk09 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:50 am

Hi All,

Just an update.My wife went to Tower hamlets NCS yesterday and they checked all the documents(twice), took photocopies , helped in filling the forms which we had doubts.They are going to send it yesturday evening and will reach mid day in UKBA.Will take 3 to 6 months it seems.Also informed that If in doubt of anything they or UKBA will call us.THought will help someone.
regards
Raj

IBFI
Newly Registered

Post by IBFI » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:02 pm

Many thanks Jambo for the prompt reply.

Can our daughter apply with us for the registration along with our naturalisation applications?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:18 pm

Yes.

IBFI
Newly Registered

Post by IBFI » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:34 am

Thanks sushdmehta. Called the council (Hertfordshire county) to update the appointment for the additional applicant and they happily agreed and voluntarily enquired about the documents that I need to bring.