ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work as a Self Employed for someone

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Navi
Newly Registered

Work as a Self Employed for someone

Post by Navi » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:31 pm

Hi there,

Can somebody please let me know that :
is it possible to work for a company who pay you as a self employed while we already having a registered Limited company in Entrepreneur visa...?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:34 am

Your business can provide services to another business. Your business can invoice the other business for the services that you are providing on its behalf. The services you are providing should fall within the scope of the nature of the business you have joined or established. From a HMRC perspective, there are some limits to the type of services than can be sub-contracted on a full-time basis where the person doing the task may be perceived to be in a master/servantworking relationship with the contracting entity, which would therefore demand a PAYE employed structure (and therefore outside the scope of the Tier 1 Ent. conditions).

bluegirl2
Newly Registered

possible

Post by bluegirl2 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:17 pm

Yes it is completely possible. And I know atleast 2 people doing that.

You have to open a limited company and you an be the director & employee of your company.

And then, your company will contract the company providing the task/job. And they would pay your company.

Its straight forward and people Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa works, as you are actually not being employed by anyone except your own company.

Yes you carry the risk of IR35 from HMRC as any other contractor does regardless of visa status.

Navi
Newly Registered

Re: possible

Post by Navi » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:09 pm

bluegirl2 wrote:Yes it is completely possible. And I know atleast 2 people doing that.

You have to open a limited company and you an be the director & employee of your company.

And then, your company will contract the company providing the task/job. And they would pay your company.

Its straight forward and people Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa works, as you are actually not being employed by anyone except your own company.

Yes you carry the risk of IR35 from HMRC as any other contractor does regardless of visa status.

Thanks guys its quite Helpful

But Please can you explain me the IR35 for Taxation....

Dorothy26
Newly Registered

Virgin Hair Extensions

Post by Dorothy26 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:08 am

This is a great conversation post. I have learned a few stuff in here being an entrepreneur. Also, I like to share hair extension product. See this site: http://www.bbhairextensions.com/index2. ... =component

Thank you very much.

Dorothy

xtong
Newly Registered

What if I have some contracts in IR35 and some outside IR35?

Post by xtong » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:21 am

Lucapooka wrote:Your business can provide services to another business. Your business can invoice the other business for the services that you are providing on its behalf. The services you are providing should fall within the scope of the nature of the business you have joined or established. From a HMRC perspective, there are some limits to the type of services than can be sub-contracted on a full-time basis where the person doing the task may be perceived to be in a master/servantworking relationship with the contracting entity, which would therefore demand a PAYE employed structure (and therefore outside the scope of the Tier 1 Ent. conditions).
If I have some contracts inside IR35 and some outside IR35, will this be seen as breaching the terms of the Entrepreneur visa?