ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Traveling to Home Country with Discretionary Leave to Remain

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dbm
Newly Registered

Traveling to Home Country with Discretionary Leave to Remain

Post by dbm » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:57 am

Hie

I was issued with discretionary Leave to remain on private family life grounds (my whole family is in the UK) in 2011 after my asylum application was refused.Now I need to travel back to my home country for a family ceremony and I just wanted to know if this could cause any problems with the border officials on my return to the UK.Any advice would be welcome.

Kind Regards

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:32 am

No they wont be any problem..

dbm
Newly Registered

Post by dbm » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:04 pm

Thanks so much sanny26

bez21
Newly Registered

Travelling to home country on ILR granted on asylum grounds.

Post by bez21 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:45 am

Hi my case is slightly similar but the only difference is that I was granted my ILR on asylum grounds 8yrs and would like to visit my mom and siblings whom i last saw 10yrs ago and would like to know if this is possible or whether there would be any repercussions on returning as my travel document states i can not visit my home country. Also I would like to know if there is any way I can be allowed to make this happen if I cannot travel using my travel document.

Ps. I am currently ineligible for a British Passport as I have a CCJ back dating to 2008 that is not satisfied although I have been repaying the amount owed in installments but is likely to take me another 2yrs before I finish.

Please advise.

kind regards.