ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PEO Appointment

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

imranh

PEO Appointment

Post by imranh » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:16 pm

Hi Everyone

Thankfullly I have been able to book a PEO appointment in Liverpool for my wife with no dependents in the first week of January.

but then some questions have occured to me (and I couldnt find the answers using the search facility )

1) During the appointment can I accompany my wife purely to assist and support her with regards to questions asked etc as her english is not great (although she has completed ESOL 1) and she gets nervous easily or will she have to go alone????

2) I booked the appointment online for my wife (as I found the free slot) - but in my account settings they dont have my or her name or any other personal info- its just my mobile and email. Do they just use the booking reference number instead of a name then?

Many Thanks for your help.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:31 pm

You can attend with your wife. In fact you will be expected to accompany her. If you're not able to, you will need to provide a letter explaining your absence.
Make sure that with the ESOL certificate she submits a letter from the college where she attended the course confirming her starting level and that she has progressed to the next level. Also check that the course provider is on the UKBA approved list.
Last edited by Casa on Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

imranh

Post by imranh » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:33 pm

Casa wrote:You can attend with your wife. In fact you will be expected to accompany her. If you're not able to, you will need to provide a letter explaining your absence.
great :lol: thanks for the reply

what about my second question?? :)

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:37 pm

I don't have the answer to your 2nd question, but you'll see that I added an edit to my original post about ESOL.

imranh

Post by imranh » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:54 pm

Casa wrote:I don't have the answer to your 2nd question, but you'll see that I added an edit to my original post about ESOL.
thanks very much for your reply - yes I have a template letter from the colleague which is identical to the template letter to the Home Office template letter on their website. - thanks for double checking

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:23 pm

You're welcome. It may also be wise to take your marriage certificate with you. It isn't on the list, but it is sometimes asked for at a PEO application.

imranh

Post by imranh » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:43 pm

Casa wrote:You're welcome. It may also be wise to take your marriage certificate with you. It isn't on the list, but it is sometimes asked for at a PEO application.
Yes I have a marriage certificate from Pakistan in urdu and an attested english translation - we used this for this certificate for the spuse visa and intend to use it for the ILR application aswell.

I must admit that initially I did think that I had to register or a make a new certificate here in the uk but it seems that my marriage certificate from Pakistan is sufficient

Thank you.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:13 pm

It will be fine. The case worker may not even ask to see it.