ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA family permet VA5 - your experiences and help please

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aimran
Newly Registered

EEA family permet VA5 - your experiences and help please

Post by aimran » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:53 pm

hi,

i wanted to post my application to have some feedback from any of you to know the time process for a EEA family permit in uk (originally the VA5)

I am a french national who is living in UK, got permanent job, house ( in resume a normal case wihtout any negative history)

I went and and got married in pakistan in october 2012.

Me and my wife we went to LAHORE in pakistan to submit our application for EEA family permit non settlement on the 23rd november 2012.

ME i got back to uk as i had to join back my job.

I wanted to know if any of you had any experience of submitting an application as EEA FAMILY MEMBER for non settlement visa (VA form)

She got a SMS on the 23rd november that your application has been dispatched to ISLAMABAD OC, and same is the status when i go and check our application status on their site.

Today we are the 5th december, and the status didnt change on their site and neither she got any sms.

I wanted to have some feedback , if someone had , how many days can it take?
what are the differents stages of a visa application status
is it normal that even after 2 weeks the status didnt change?

thank in advance to anyone who could even give a bit on information regarding my application

thanks

Watandar
Netherlands

Post by Watandar » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:16 pm

Afghan nationals have to apply in Pakistan as well. We are planning to apply for an EEA permit in April In sha Allah.

Process time in Pakistan is 60 days (according to UKBA website). Some members have posted e-mail addresses and telephone numbers where one can make a complain. Maybe the admin can make a ''sticky'' with all relevant phone nummers and e-mail addresses. It makes it eassier to search for the right phone number or e-mail address.

I wish you all the best and In Sha Allah you will have a positive response very soon.

aimran
Newly Registered

Post by aimran » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:21 pm

hi watandar, thanks for you reply

I think you are talking for a settlement visa right? because this type of visa application do take around 60 days,

me my vas is a non settlement visa application :) i was asking about this type of visa.

But thanks for your post and wish, wish you good luck aswell :)

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:03 pm

Did you wife have to do a TB test before submitting the application?

aimran
Newly Registered

Post by aimran » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:59 pm

Yes she did pass a TB test and passed her IELTS exam (english test)

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:32 pm

aimran wrote:Yes she did pass a TB test and passed her IELTS exam (english test)
Was she told by somebody that she had to do either of these? Did she have to pay any fees associated with the application?

aimran
Newly Registered

Post by aimran » Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:43 pm

yeah i tried to get maximum info about the required document for this type of visa, and yes u must pass the TB test.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:49 pm

aimran wrote:yeah i tried to get maximum info about the required document for this type of visa, and yes u must pass the TB test.
No. Nobody applying for an EEA Family Permit is required to get a TB test or pass an IELTS.

Are you going to answer the questions I wrote above?

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:21 am

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:
aimran wrote:yeah i tried to get maximum info about the required document for this type of visa, and yes u must pass the TB test.
No. Nobody applying for an EEA Family Permit is required to get a TB test or pass an IELTS.

@aimran - did you try to apply without said unncessary documents or did you take information from Gerry's personnel and follow it?

aimran
Newly Registered

Post by aimran » Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:14 pm

@ directive : no we didnt pay any fees it was free, and about the TB test and IELTS, i gather information online that the TB test is a must thats why we did it and regarding the IELTS she wanted to pass it because in the application she wrote also that she is going to do some courses in uk and continue study even after marriage.
@aimran - did you try to apply without said unncessary documents or did you take information from Gerry's personnel and follow it?
@ EUSWILE i tried to contact many times GERRY office without success so we gave all documents plus the TB test and IELTS test, as i read online that many people did the TB test so i was afraid to have a refusal just because of that.

the problem is GERRY office in pakistan are like unreachable so i have to find information by myself, but thats true not everywhere people talked about the TB and IELTS, but as i said i took all precaution and submitted both with my application to support it.