ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ritzchan
Newly Registered

Post by Ritzchan » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:44 pm

Hi All
Please update the sky drive, finally received my biometrics on the 1st of Dec dated 28nov did them on the 1st ... Now the wait resumes....

softmind82

Post by softmind82 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:02 am

5 months gone and still waiting ...BRP done 2 months ago.

Anyone applied in July and got their passport back yet ?

What's the average time of return after biometrics.

Please update

Hwima
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Waiting Game!!!

Post by Hwima » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:03 am

Hi Softmind82

It appears we are on similar time lines. Applied mid July Biometrics done Mid October. If we go by what other contributors are saying our situation is not terribly bad yet. Despite this I still look forward the postman arriving and hate it when he leaves without dropping the package. Business is dead slow at UK BA these days.

Happy waiting!

tapi98
Newly Registered

Skydrive Update

Post by tapi98 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:48 am

Can someone enter my timeline on sky drive
Application send :20 July 2012
Acknowledgement Letter: 08 August 2012
Biometric letter dated :31st October 2012 Done them on the 5th Nov 2012
Now waiting

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: Skydrive Update

Post by Damanisshallo » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:53 am

tapi98 wrote:Can someone enter my timeline on sky drive
Done
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

softmind82

Re: Waiting Game!!!

Post by softmind82 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:39 am

Hwima wrote:Hi Softmind82

It appears we are on similar time lines. Applied mid July Biometrics done Mid October. If we go by what other contributors are saying our situation is not terribly bad yet. Despite this I still look forward the postman arriving and hate it when he leaves without dropping the package. Business is dead slow at UK BA these days.

Happy waiting!
I believe they might be sorting out July applicants - need to travel in January so need my passport back.

Thanks for the info.

Khall75

Post by Khall75 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:04 pm

Hi all
I applied on11may 12. Done bio on 31 august12.
Phone home office couple of times but the answer as always the same ' it's still under process'. It's been 30 weeks and my frustration and pain is getting worse and unbearable. Spoke to MP and he said according to home office there is a big back log and its gonna be late for everyone. But when I check this forum most of the people who applied after me they got there documents back and I'm still waiting.
Any suggestion what should I do now.
Thanks

Khall75

Post by Khall75 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:41 pm

Applied set O :11/05/12
Money deducted : 18/05/12
Acknowledgement letter: 22/05/12
Boi letter received 31/08/12
Bio done the same day.
Still waiting after 30 weeks.
Can some one put my timeline on sky dive plz.

Hyper-PK

Post by Hyper-PK » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:53 pm

Khall75 wrote:Applied set O :11/05/12
Money deducted : 18/05/12
Acknowledgement letter: 22/05/12
Boi letter received 31/08/12
Bio done the same day.
Still waiting after 30 weeks.
Can some one put my timeline on sky dive plz.
Hi Khall75:
Was there any gap between your visas and also how many years student+ any other visa status??....I mean was there any complication in your case?

Your info has been updated on skydrive..))
Last edited by Hyper-PK on Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Khall75

Post by Khall75 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:05 pm

No gaps at all. Came in may 2002 student then PSW for 2 years and then hsmp for 2 witch is valid till July 13. But I completed 10 years before my hsmp expires.

dd202
Newly Registered

Post by dd202 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:48 pm

Khall75 wrote:No gaps at all. Came in may 2002 student then PSW for 2 years and then hsmp for 2 witch is valid till July 13. But I completed 10 years before my hsmp expires.
You have nothing to worry about Khall75. Your case seems straightforward to me. I am not entirely sure how the UKBA prioritize settlement applications, it's anyone's guess really. I wish I could offer some solid help/advice, I can't but what I can offer is some speculative explanation if that helps:

1. Have you submitted a lot of supporting documents with your ILR application e.g. bank statements for last 10 years, all kinds of UKBA letters, degree certificates, payslips, p60s etc.? These can delay your application as the caseworkers need to verify the authenticity of all these documents.

2. UKBA are having to deal with a huge backlog of applications & they simply haven't got the staff, time or resources to deal with current applications within the specified time frame of 6 months.

3. Your file along with many others may be with a caseworker who is new/less experienced or may have been misplaced in the queue! You calling the UKBA may bring this to their attention.

Anyhow, I hope you do get your ILR before Christmas & it looks like you will. I am sure everything will be alright & you clearly have nothing to worry about. All the best.

Khall75

Post by Khall75 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:55 pm

Thanks DD202
I just sent my passports which shows all my visas and my bio metric card. The application form and nothing else. Coz one of the immigration solicitor told me not to sent much doc. My cousin done the same and the same documents he sent as I did and he got his visa with in 4 months. I will wait as I don't hav any other option. Thanks again for ur encouraging reply.

Hwima
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Re: Waiting Game!!!

Post by Hwima » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:37 pm

softmind82 wrote:
Hwima wrote:Hi Softmind82

Happy waiting!
I believe they might be sorting out July applicants - need to travel in January so need my passport back.

Thanks for the info.
It's so erratic the way they are responding so fingers crossed you will get your ILR before then. Some speculate that things will move a little quicker now that those figures were released last week. Good luck.

Hwima
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Post by Hwima » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:00 pm

Khall75 wrote:Thanks DD202
I just sent my passports which shows all my visas and my bio metric card. The application form and nothing else. Coz one of the immigration solicitor told me not to sent much doc. My cousin done the same and the same documents he sent as I did and he got his visa with in 4 months. I will wait as I don't hav any other option. Thanks again for ur encouraging reply.
That's the way to go, keep thinking positively. It will happen sometime soon I think. I wouldn't want to assume that because it's taken so long then there is something amiss. I know of some in our category who had to wait over a yr in 2010. Late 2011 they (UKBA) were quite quick two friends got theirs in 2 months. We just applied in bad times when government cuts are beginning to kick in.

Wish you well.

specy_99
United Kingdom

Post by specy_99 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:43 am

I called the HO today to check on the progress of my application. They give such a poor customer service. I called twice to see if this was only one person. On both occasions I was told if its not reached 6 months then they cant help me! So what is this reference no. given for? and what is the point really? If this is the level of service we are going to receive that they cant even check our application progress then they should be charging less!

Rant over!

smshad

Re: Need information on entry stamps

Post by smshad » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:27 pm

Hi,
UKBA did not stamp my passport in Feb 2004 and I called HO in August before I sent my application. The advisor told me that as an applicant I have to provide evidence of my stay in the UK for that period. I said to him I have entry and exit stamps from PK authorites but the guy said that you could have gone some where elese. Then I said UKBA will have my ladnding card to check. He then said you are the applicant and onus is on you to provide as much as possible evidence. So, I got some records from GP, some credit card paid bills and visa fee recipt from HO to cover the period.

But, two of my friends had same issue and they applied last year without sending any proof and they got ILR withing 3 months.

You should not worry too much about it if you have not already sent. But sending the evidence wont do any harm. Try to get GP records if you attended in that period.

Shan77 wrote:I have two UK entry stamps missing (one in May 2003 and the other one is in March 2004) as the immigration officers at heathrow did not stamp the passport when I came back from home after visiting my family.

I have seen some other people had the same issue. With my application i mentioned the arrival and departure stamp dates from home country immigration authority to prove my exit and entry dates to UK. Would this be ok?

If other evidence is required then I can print online bank statements shoiwng transactions that I made to prove my presence in the UK at that time. Since I have already posted my application, should I print those and send to UKBA with a cover letter. Please advice as I am worried.

Thanks.

Shan77

Re: Need information on entry stamps

Post by Shan77 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:39 pm

smshad wrote:Hi,
UKBA did not stamp my passport in Feb 2004 and I called HO in August before I sent my application. The advisor told me that as an applicant I have to provide evidence of my stay in the UK for that period. I said to him I have entry and exit stamps from PK authorites but the guy said that you could have gone some where elese. Then I said UKBA will have my ladnding card to check. He then said you are the applicant and onus is on you to provide as much as possible evidence. So, I got some records from GP, some credit card paid bills and visa fee recipt from HO to cover the period.

But, two of my friends had same issue and they applied last year without sending any proof and they got ILR withing 3 months.

You should not worry too much about it if you have not already sent. But sending the evidence wont do any harm. Try to get GP records if you attended in that period.
Thank you smshad. I believe u spoke to customer service and these people always give u negative sort of answers. It was the responsibility of the heathrow immigration officers to stamp our passport when we were re-entering UK. Since they haven't done it, now onus should be on UKBA to find the landing cards from the system.
I said to him I have entry and exit stamps from PK authorites but the guy said that you could have gone some where elese.
How can I go somewhere else without having a visa of another country as I only have UK valid visa in the passport. And home country immigration authority always check the visa validity before stamping departure seal on the passport. They will not allow anyone to board the plane without checking the visa.

Anyways, Thanks a lot for your information.

dd202
Newly Registered

Please enter my timeline into sky drive

Post by dd202 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:50 pm

Can anyone please enter my timeline in sky drive? I posted previously on this forum that my first application was FLR(O) which was sent on 08/08/2012, acknowledgement received on 10/08/2012, payment method was banker's draft. I then varied the FLR(O) with the SET(O) application in September while applying for ILR based on 10 year long residence. Below is the timeline for my SET(O) application.

My timeline:

Application sent: 14/09/2012
Payment: Banker's Draft
Acknowledgment received: 03/10/2012
Biometric Invitation dated: 14/11/2012
Biometric Given on: 16/11/2012
ILR Stamped on: Waiting
BRP received on: Waiting

liveinhope
Newly Registered

Post by liveinhope » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:32 pm

Finally.........

A sigh of relief... today I received a call from my solicitor, asking me to collect the documents. I am so so grateful to everyone on this forum who shared their stories. If you are a silent observer, please come forward, tell the world your story, you just might give someone else hope....

I havent seen my family since 2006.. and I went through hell... I cant even describe..

Finally It paid off... I know some people are lucky they get theirs sooner than you do, but stop comparing yourselves with the others, have faith..
Good Luck everyone God bless you all...

Timeline-Someone please update

Applied 10/05/2012
Biometrics given 28/07/2012
BRP arrived 05/12/2012

Thanks again
Last edited by liveinhope on Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

dd202
Newly Registered

Post by dd202 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:59 pm

liveinhope wrote:Finally.........

A sigh of relief... today I received a call from my solicitor, asking me to collect the documents. I am so so grateful to everyone on this forum who shared their stories. If you are a silent observer, please come forward, tell the world your story, you just might give someone else hope....

I havent seen my family since 2006.. and I went through hell... I cant even describe..

Finally It paid off... I know some people are lucky they get theirs sooner than you do, but stop comparing yourselves with the others, have faith..

Applied 10/06/2012
BRP arrived 05/12/2012

Thanks again
Congrats liveinhope. Good to see that the UKBA have finally processed your application although it took them a while. Good news for you and your family. Enjoy your time now, you have earned the freedom :)

sheford

Post by sheford » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:17 pm

Congrats Liveinhope..
Good to hear this news..and enjoy your freedom!

Applied 10/06/2012
BRP arrived 05/12/2012

Thanks again

TheDefib
Newly Registered

new Biometrics invitation letter

Post by TheDefib » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:42 pm

Hi all, I can't edit the skydrive sheet even though am logged onto hotmail.

I am number 197
application 17/10, ack letter 25/10,

Now: Bio inviation letter 5/12 (dated 01/12)
Bio will be done on 06/12

jitu_2677

Re: new Biometrics invitation letter

Post by jitu_2677 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:07 am

TheDefib wrote:Hi all, I can't edit the skydrive sheet even though am logged onto hotmail.

I am number 197

liveinhope
Newly Registered

Post by liveinhope » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:27 am

dd202 wrote:

Applied 10/06/2012
BRP arrived 05/12/2012

Thanks again
Congrats liveinhope. Good to see that the UKBA have finally processed your application although it took them a while. Good news for you and your family. Enjoy your time now, you have earned the freedom :)
Thank you very much. Hope you all get yours soon too.

Can someone please update my timeline, thanks, I made a mistake, I applied in May not in June, so the application date is 10/05/2012.

Applied 10/05/2012
Biometrics Letter Arrived 27/07/2012
BRP arrived 05/12/2012

My case was a complicated one, well an easy one made complicated by the UKBA, so I had to use a lawyer spend a lot of money.

God Bless You All.
Last edited by liveinhope on Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

dipmm2000d

Re: new Biometrics invitation letter

Post by dipmm2000d » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:29 am

jitu_2677 wrote:
TheDefib wrote:Hi all, I can't edit the skydrive sheet even though am logged onto hotmail.

I am number 197