ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Residence card. what to do after appeal allowed (help)

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Blu
Newly Registered

EEA2 Residence card. what to do after appeal allowed (help)

Post by Blu » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:06 pm

Hi guys,

I’ve been through a real nightmare dealing with the UKBA (as mostly of all of us).

To summarize my case, I did apply to EEA2 as unmarried partner of an EU member. And my application was refused on the grounds of: - EU member failed to provide Comprehensive sickness insurance, as student. My Czech national partner is the student and I’m Chilean national. In spite we provide strong evidence from “seriousness of the relationship since 2006” (ie. bills, addresses, bank statements, emails, photographs) to the own partnership of a property in the UK (our flat under our both names!). The UKBA disallowed all our documents and its decision was very picky fetching such detail.

I did appeal to oral hearing to the First-tier tribunal, and the Judge was satisfied with all the supporting documents (plus the so called comprehensive sickness insurance) and he finally proceeded to allow the appeal. The decision was promulgated on 25th September and since then, the UKBA has not contacted me at all, and I had run out of options to get a little idea of what’s happening.

I ignore if after the appeal, I must’ve post to the UKBA: the First-tier tribunal decision letter plus new photographs & passport. But I reckon they received notification of the decision.

If anyone can help me with a little guidance, comment or just putting me in the right direction, I’d really appreciate it.

My application timeline is as follow:

COA : 26th March, 2012
COHID Refusal letter : 17th July, 2012
Oral hearing : 13th September, 2012
1st-tier Tribunal
decision on my behalf : 25th September, 2012
Residence card issued : still a mystery! :?

Thanks folks,

M

rachellynn1972
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rachellynn1972 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:14 pm

Even though you call, what you will get from them is to wait. Our appeal was promugated on the 6th of september and we are still waiting. I think is appeal won HO get angry and just dump your document aside for if and when they wish to give you. They said there is no law giving them the maximum time to grant your document after appeal won. Hope that will help.
beloved is the belief that there are inherent differences in people's traits and capacities that are entirely due to their race, however defined, and that, as a consequence, justify the different treatment of those people, both socially and legally.

Nat1979
Newly Registered

Post by Nat1979 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:08 pm

My appeal was allowed since August 24th. Still waiting.

Blu
Newly Registered

Post by Blu » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:31 pm

Oh dear, :(

Thanks for your repplies.
Sort of consolation I'm not the only one living this nightmare. Unbelievable the UKBA can act so childish because a Judge tells them off!
Seriously, I've called all the numbers I found, sent 4 letters, 10 emails (including to my local MP), and no answer at all.
I've been detained 6 times this year so far by UKBA when arriving into the UK at Heathrow airport, as I was working overseas. And not only the humilliation given for free but once they made me stay for 6hrs sitting before allow me in.
I'm considering to give up, as I don't think to deserve such treatment. Although because my partner is doing so well at the univ. I've to bear this unpleasant time.

Thanks again for your testimonies.

M