ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Paper Work Required for First Passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

offshore worker
Newly Registered

Paper Work Required for First Passport

Post by offshore worker » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:29 pm

Hi All,

My query is;

Does the Home Office require me to send my Birth Certificate along with the rest of the paper work required for a First time passport application.

What happens if I cannot supply them with one as it has been lost for a number of years?

Thanks.

vinitmanu
Member of Standing

Re: Paper Work Required for First Passport

Post by vinitmanu » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:37 pm

offshore worker wrote:Hi All,

My query is;

Does the Home Office require me to send my Birth Certificate along with the rest of the paper work required for a First time passport application.

What happens if I cannot supply them with one as it has been lost for a number of years?

Thanks.
I'm assuming you have naturalized as a British citizen? All you need to send is your Naturalization certificate and your passport/s.

trs2011
- thin ice -

Post by trs2011 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:28 pm

My query is;

Thanks.
You are confusing people because what you are saying is not clear , you mention passport , then you mention birth certificate then you mention Home office , what does this mean ? Are you naturalised or not ? Home Office have nothing to do with passport applications , it is the IPS that does that , so be clearer and people will know exactly how to help .

offshore worker
Newly Registered

Post by offshore worker » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:53 pm

Its obvious, if I am applying for a passport that I already have done the naturalization part!!

If I knew who and what department issues passports etc...I would not be asking questions on here...

Loosen up old bean.!!

vinitmanu
Member of Standing

Post by vinitmanu » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:34 pm

trs2011 wrote:

My query is;

Thanks.
You are confusing people because what you are saying is not clear , you mention passport , then you mention birth certificate then you mention Home office , what does this mean ? Are you naturalised or not ? Home Office have nothing to do with passport applications , it is the IPS that does that , so be clearer and people will know exactly how to help .
Can I just add that it's beyond me that people are rude to each other on this forum. Infact, I have at some point asked questions that someone has found silly but I don't expect to get a 'bollocking' for it. I urge mods to please keep a tab.

Gyfrinachgar
Member of Standing

Post by Gyfrinachgar » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:04 pm

offshore worker wrote:Its obvious, if I am applying for a passport that I already have done the naturalization part!!
To you, this may seem obvious - but unfortunately it is not to everyone. There actually were a few questions concerning that here already (my personal favourite was something in line with "not a citizen, don't wanna be, but how do I get passport?"). Anyway, for you this website might be helpful, and I can especially recommend this PDF. Page 13 contains a table of required supporting documents for the different application types.