ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Photo guidance

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shoei13
Newly Registered

Photo guidance

Post by shoei13 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:22 pm

Hi,
I am going to apply for naturalisation application.

I wear glasses and I couldnt find any guidance for naturalisation.

Is photograph with glasses are acceptable or should I put one without wearing glasses.

The reason I asked for is back when I applied for extension for Tier 1. I sent a photo with glasses on. When I went to give biometric they asked me to provide photo without glasses. I would appreciate your help on that.

thanks.

Kaveh
Newly Registered

Post by Kaveh » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:45 am

glasses are acceptable as long as the whole eye is visible.

vinitmanu
Member of Standing

Re: Photo guidance

Post by vinitmanu » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:39 am

shoei13 wrote:Hi,
I am going to apply for naturalisation application.

I wear glasses and I couldnt find any guidance for naturalisation.

Is photograph with glasses are acceptable or should I put one without wearing glasses.

The reason I asked for is back when I applied for extension for Tier 1. I sent a photo with glasses on. When I went to give biometric they asked me to provide photo without glasses. I would appreciate your help on that.

thanks.
I provided with my glasses on ! As long as there is no reflection and your eyes fully visible you should be fine !

shoei13
Newly Registered

Post by shoei13 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:53 pm

thanks all. much appreciated

ban.s

"old" vs "recent" photo

Post by ban.s » Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:59 am

slghtly different question from the OP

the naturalisation guidance and AN form ask for a "recent" photo and referees need to confirm that the photo represents true likeness of the applicant. unlike the passport photo or ukba photo guidance for immigration apps there is no specific guidance for photos for naturalisation especially the rules don't specifically ask for a photo that was taken within the last month.
so if someone attached a photo that was taken an year ago or so (e.g. the same photo submitted during ILR) would that still be considered a valid photo? or is it not a "recent" photo that represent true likeness?
have you ever heard UKBA to delay or query an application because of similar issue?