ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS TIER 1 Dependent visa from India- Divorcee- Visa Granted

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jpsnair
Newly Registered

PBS TIER 1 Dependent visa from India- Divorcee- Visa Granted

Post by jpsnair » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:45 pm

Hi All
I had applied for tier 1 dependent visa from my wife on 16th nov at vfs cochin.its already 15 days and no news abt it. does anyone know typical timelines for visa from chennia high commission?
Mine is a slighlty complicated case. i had a divorce months back and this is my second marriage. My first wife had a dependent visa which got automatically expired in sep this year when i renewed my visa. ( when i renewed my tier 1 visa i didnt renew hers and it automatically fell off)
I got remarried and i had attached my divorce certificate, and in cover letter i did mention my first wifes name and the fact that her visa expired in sep. also i had attached marriage cert, 1 marraige photo, proof of communication with my current wife for past 6 month (gchats) and all necesary docs like employment letter, 3 months sal slips, 3 mont proof of funds from natwest and indian NRI accnt. also tenancy contract, online printout of council tax bill ( as i pay tax online) my degree cert from london my wifes degree cert etc. i am a bit tensed as this application is a bit convoluted. also my wifes is also her second marraige. but she had cancelled her old passport and applief for a new passport to take off her first spouse name form the passport. we attached her old cancelled and new passport along with the applicaiton. but we didnt put her divorce cert as we thought a valid marriage cert would be sufficient and her new passport doenst have any spouse name.... will they look at cancelled passport? as they should know only look at new passport only?? pls advice
Last edited by jpsnair on Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.

jpsnair
Newly Registered

Post by jpsnair » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:47 pm

also if they needed to reject our application they should have done it by now as it almost 15 days and still no news.... they shouldnt reject an application basis details on a cancelled passport right?

jpsnair
Newly Registered

Post by jpsnair » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:14 pm

Guys my wife got the visa today.. It has been a waiting game for 24 days but finally we got it.. My case shows that if the applicaiton is genuine they will definitely issue a visa.
here are the documents i put

1) A cover letter with an endorsement from me stating that i take full responsibility for my wifes expenses
2) Application form
3) My full passport copy and bio metric copy
4) Letter from my employer stating that she is my wife
5) Letter from my employer regarding my grade, salary and status at the firm
6) 3 months salary statement and employement contract
7)3 months bank statement stating salary credit. Pls note i put last 1 week of the required 3 months as a bank printout ..but i mentioned that i travelled during thsi time and this is the best i could provide
8) 3 month maintanence of funds. again last 1 week was a print copy but i mentioned i was travelling and i could get the bank to issue me originals
9) i attested printed copy with someone highly placed in kerala government (ceo grade)
10) i put my nri bank statement original from SBI and a letter from bank just to support my maintanence fund
11) i put my wifes bank statement from ICICI stamped on the printout again as supplement of fund (so we showed enough bank accounts to show fund maintanence)

12) my tenancy contract and online printout of council tax bill
13) a letter from my landlady in a simple word document with her phone number
14) my degree certificate from the school i studied in london
15) my wifes degree certificate
16) my divorce cert
17) our marriage cert
18) just one pic of me and my wife together in marriage ( no relatives or anyone around ) our marriage was in a temple so no wedding card or anything. i just put this one photo
19) 6 months gchat record
20) tb certificate of my wife
21) a covering letter from my wife
22) and her passport

it took 24 days to process the application and we got it today..
happy to help anyone who needs help with the application.pls feel free to ask