ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UTR Number

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mnmoin85
Newly Registered

UTR Number

Post by mnmoin85 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:26 pm

Hi,

i am registered as self employed with HMRC and paying class 2 NI every 6 months and have a UTR number provided by them. My accountant has advised me to become director of the limited company and do it that way.
My question is ,i already have a UTR no, do i require another UTR no if i become director of a limited company or will the same UTR i had earlier will work.??

scorpio_besal
Member of Standing
India

Post by scorpio_besal » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:03 pm

LTDs don't have UTRs, they have reference numbers. You'll get a letter from HMRC giving you all the company details in a couple of weeks once you register for LTD Company.
Regards,
A Mutant Member

SPECIAL NOTE:- Thanks for creating such a nice forum where all of us can help each other... BIG THANKS TO THE ADMIN,SENIORS for being there to help others.

mnmoin85
Newly Registered

Post by mnmoin85 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:45 pm

Thanks for the response, so that'd mean i can keep the same URT no for my Self Assessment?

scorpio_besal
Member of Standing
India

Post by scorpio_besal » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:25 pm

LTDs don't have UTRs, they have reference numbers, UTR is for sole traders.
Regards,
A Mutant Member

SPECIAL NOTE:- Thanks for creating such a nice forum where all of us can help each other... BIG THANKS TO THE ADMIN,SENIORS for being there to help others.

mnmoin85
Newly Registered

Post by mnmoin85 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:40 am

Hi , thanks for the response. I have received just one post since i registered my company and that wss a reminder to submit my corporation tax in 2013, there is a ref no on thst letter is that the ref no you are talking about mate?