ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometric Letter

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

abhishek.gite446

Biometric Letter

Post by abhishek.gite446 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:47 pm

Hi Guys,

I was just wondering that how many days does it take for the Biometric Letter to arrive from the Visa application date ? I have applied my Visa on 21 Nov 2012 but haven't received a Biometric Letter yet, I have received the acknowledgement letter after 7 days.

After Biometric appointment how many days does it take for Visa to arrive ? If we receive the Biometric letter does that mean our documents are correct and our visa is partially approved ?

Thanks

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:58 pm

timelines

Receiving a biometric letter is not an indication that your application has been successful.

abhishek.gite446

Post by abhishek.gite446 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:38 am

I tried calling the the Ph.No. give on my acknowledgement letter to inquire about why my Biometric Letter has not yet arrived. The lady on the call said if it has been generated I can tell you else I cant tell you when it will be generated. Luckily my letter was generated yesterday.

Son if anyone is facing the same issue you can confirm by calling the number.

Cheers

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Biometric Letter

Post by manci » Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:01 pm

abhishek.gite446 wrote:If we receive the Biometric letter does that mean our documents are correct and our visa is partially approved ?
No, it doesn't mean that. Only after you enrolled biometrics will the caseworker make a decision on your application.

For timelines see the sticky:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=60823

crazyjelly
Newly Registered

Re: Biometric Letter

Post by crazyjelly » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:15 pm

abhishek.gite446 wrote:Hi Guys,

I was just wondering that how many days does it take for the Biometric Letter to arrive from the Visa application date ? I have applied my Visa on 21 Nov 2012 but haven't received a Biometric Letter yet, I have received the acknowledgement letter after 7 days.

After Biometric appointment how many days does it take for Visa to arrive ? If we receive the Biometric letter does that mean our documents are correct and our visa is partially approved ?

Thanks
my visa expired on 16/11/2012

application sent on 15/11/2012

biometrics enrolment letter received on Sat 8/12/12 (dated on 5/12/12, sent via 2nd class)

hope this helps.

karthiktr

Post by karthiktr » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:01 am

abhishek.gite446 wrote:I tried calling the the Ph.No. give on my acknowledgement letter to inquire about why my Biometric Letter has not yet arrived. The lady on the call said if it has been generated I can tell you else I cant tell you when it will be generated. Luckily my letter was generated yesterday.

Son if anyone is facing the same issue you can confirm by calling the number.

Cheers
HI frnd,,
I didnt receive my biometric letter still. I submitted my application on 29th of november 2012. can you please suggest me the number you called and the option to know whether my biometric letter is generated or not ??
Please reply me my frnd