ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 dependent online application from India-Child born UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Nageswaran
Newly Registered

Tier 1 dependent online application from India-Child born UK

Post by Nageswaran » Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:36 pm

Hi all,

I am filling the new online Tier 1 dependent visa application form from India (http://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/Welcome.htm) for my child who was born in U.K.
I am confused on what to be filled for few sections, as they are not relevant and the only options available online are either YES/NO radiobutton. We cannot type 'Not applicable' or 'Child born in UK' in the current online visa application form.Moderators/Seniors kindly help me with my query.

Below are the application form questions which I would like to know what should be filled since the baby was born in U.K.
1) Have you ever travelled outside your country or residence‚ in the last 10 years?
Yes No

2) Have you ever travelled to the UK‚ in the last 10 years?
Yes No

Under Main applicant employment details:
3) When is the job expected to finish?
dd mm yyyy
Here if we do not fill in any date, we cannot proceed to next page.I suppose the best answer would be my current visa expiry date.Is that ok?

I could see the below list of questions(4,5,6 and 7) which is irrelevant for a child dependent visa. Are these questions meant for the applicant(child) or the main applicant who is sponsoring the visa(me).I am confused.

Section 6 - Employment and Finances

4)Do you receive income from any other sources‚ including friends or family?
Yes No

5)Do you have savings‚ properties or other income‚ for example‚ from stocks and shares?
Yes No

6)How much of your monthly income is used to support your family members?

7)How much do you spend each month on living costs?

If the main applicant needs to fill questions 4,5,6 and 7,Kindly let me know what would be an approximate figure if there are 2 dependents(wife and 1 child)

Since the online application is new in India,even the vfs customercare guys are not able to give a proper reply to my questions.

Thanks and awaiting reply.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 1 dependent online application from India-Child bor

Post by geriatrix » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:41 pm

Nageswaran wrote:We cannot type 'Not applicable' or 'Child born in UK' in the current online visa application form.
In such case, choose the answer (from the options available) that best represents the truth / fact.

The suggestions (born in UK, not applicable) were made in context of "leave to remain" applications ... not visa (entry clearance / leave to enter) applications wherein all questions on the form are relevant (despite the fact that the child might have been born in UK).
Nageswaran wrote:If the main applicant needs to fill questions
Only the applicant answers the questions ...not the principal PBS migrant /mother / father / brother / etc. .... so, the questions must be answered from the "applicant's" perspective. In this case, the child is the applicant.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Brindha Muthusamy
Newly Registered

Post by Brindha Muthusamy » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:51 pm

Nageswaran, can you please tell me what did you fill for the details mentioned?

I am stuck myself with the online application

prisat
Member of Standing

Post by prisat » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:56 am

Brindha Muthusamy wrote:Nageswaran, can you please tell me what did you fill for the details mentioned?

I am stuck myself with the online application

If not for all questions, atleast for some questions, Home office always lacked common sense when preparing the questionaire.
Disclaimer :

I am not from a law firm or an attorney who provide Consultation for Immigration to UK.
Information that i provide is not the same as legal advice or legal advises. Use the message (s) and information at your own risk.