ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR at PEO excluding dependents

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nefax
Newly Registered

ILR at PEO excluding dependents

Post by nefax » Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:33 pm

Hi

I am due for my ILR but unable to get an appointment at PEO with two dependents.
My wife had been staying with me for 2 years. Because of her health she will not be able to take Life in the UK for next 2- 3 months.
ILR rule says that dependents can apply at the same time if they were previously issued leave as dependents and lived together in UK for 2 years.

Anyway, My question is if I apply at PEO for my ILR only, will my dependents will be able to apply for their ILR at later stage before their current Tier 1 General dependent expires in Nov2014 or they have to change their Leave to something dependant to Person settled in UK and stay here for 2 more years and then can apply for ILR?
In other word will it be more problem for future if dependents ILR are not applied at the same time as me
Please advise?

Regards

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:23 pm

nefax
Newly Registered

further Clarification ILR dependent not applying together

Post by nefax » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:33 am

Hi

Thanks for the above link which I have read and then ended up on the following post
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=114832
Which refers to
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... 1migrants/ 319E

As I am not able to find an appointment at any PEO for ILR with one dependant.
Clarification is required for the following.
1- If I apply for my ILR only at PEO and then after a week or so apply for my wife's ILR at PEO will it be possible? as per HC 194 "STATEMENT OF CHANGES IN IMMIGRATION RULES" point 94,95,96
If yes, then will she need to apply on form SET(M) instead of applying for FLR(M) and then SET(M)?

I have read the changes in requirements few time but unable to understand. Sorry for asking this if this has already been explaind.

2- Also who should be contacted at UKBA to find out how many appointments are kept for one or more dependents at each PEO under Freedom of Information Act? It has been approximately a month trying to find an appointment with dependents.

Please advise.
Thanks in advance.

nefax
Newly Registered

any thoughts as its just been over a week

Post by nefax » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:56 pm

Hi all

Any thoughts on my query above?
Please advise.

Thanks

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:00 pm

If your ILR is approved based on your PBS eligibility, your current PBS dependent can apply for ILR when they become eligible, before their existing leave expires. If their PBS Dependent leave expires before they become eligible but after you get your ILR, they can extend their PBS Dependent leave until they reach eligibility for ILR.

In your case, your wife could apply for ILR at a later time but definitely before her current visa expires. Please note that She will be applying/paying for Primary applicant rate.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.