ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visit Visa(Sponsoring Mother)-General or Family

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

PKhan
Newly Registered

Visit Visa(Sponsoring Mother)-General or Family

Post by PKhan » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:36 pm

Hello,
Apologies for a separate thread. I need some urgent advise! I am on Tier 1 General Sponsored Work Visa and would like to sponsor my mother for visit to the UK for three months. Have a few questions?

1.Does she have to submit General Visit Visa VA1FA or Family Visit Visa Form VAF1B? A legal advisor mentioned it would be family visitor but reading different threads here I think that is incorrect.

2.She is a housewife and I will be completely sponsoring her visit.I have read posts where people have got refusal for their parents visa because home office was not convinced of intention to leave. I am really worried. She does not have income on her name but she has a few properties on her name. Is this sufficient proof?

i have provided following documents:
employment letter
p60
6 months payslips
6 months bank statements
invitation letter
letter from landlord for accomodation
birth certificate to prove relationship
copy of work permit/passport

is this enough?help is much appreciated.

kevin.k
Newly Registered

Post by kevin.k » Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:59 pm

Hi

I have sponsered my mother-in-law and we got visa yesterday..It is 'FAMILY VISIT' under which we applied...

1. Any visa type(family or general visitor) will bring them to country..but better to go for related one.

2. Same case with us..she doesn't have regular income but we showed all property docs on her name and we got it..

Your checklist seems OK..But focus on docs from her side than your side..forex: affadivit confirming her financial assests...etc

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:05 pm

kevin.k wrote:I have sponsered my mother-in-law and we got visa yesterday..It is 'FAMILY VISIT' under which we applied...
You must be a settled resident of the or applied before the rules changed, or applied under family and it was granted under General as it matched the requirements as such. It's not possible to sponsor a family visit in the case of the person who asked this question in this thread. He claims to be a migrant worker. His family members can apply as general visitors.