ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

loss of ILR status if citizenship application is declined

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

cloudburst
Newly Registered

loss of ILR status if citizenship application is declined

Post by cloudburst » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:39 pm

This is just a hypothetical question.

If your application for British citizenship is declined for whatever reason, will you lose your ILR status, or will you be allowed to stay in the U.K. and reapply for British citizenship in several years?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:55 pm

You will not lose your ILR and can reapply for citizenship in the futur.

sarwar74

Re: loss of ILR status if citizenship application is decline

Post by sarwar74 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:40 pm

cloudburst wrote:This is just a hypothetical question.

If your application for British citizenship is declined for whatever reason, will you lose your ILR status, or will you be allowed to stay in the U.K. and reapply for British citizenship in several years?

what is is reason ?

cloudburst
Newly Registered

Post by cloudburst » Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:04 pm

There is no specific reason. The question is just a hypothetical one.

cloudburst
Newly Registered

Post by cloudburst » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:32 pm

Does the UKBA website state that the rejection of your British citizenship application will not affect your ILR status? If so, where on the website can I find this?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:42 pm

it would be helpful if you could explain why you think ilr will be lost on refusal of bc? this will help in getting worthwhile responses!
they are two different applications and are based on diiferent sets of law.
bc = nationality laws
ilr = immigration laws
the only issue i coulde see is if an applicant used deception in either bc or ilr or fraudulant documents.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... p/appeals/
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:58 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

cloudburst
Newly Registered

Post by cloudburst » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:41 pm

CR001, I just want to ensure that if I apply for BC, and the UKBA finds a mistake in my application form, then I will still be able to stay in the U.K. under ILR. If I may not stay, then I won't apply.

I read cases on this forum where people ran CRB or CCJ reports on themselves and even though the reports were O.K., the UKBA was still able to find a flaw with their application forms.

I'm not aware of any reason why my application form would be rejected, but I don't want to end up in a situation like the one above where I think that everything is O.K., and then once I submit my application form, the UKBA points out that there is something wrong with my application form and then strips me of my ILR status.

I just want to be aware of the risks involved if I apply for BC.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:45 pm

you wont lose ilr status if bc is refused and can reapply for bc at a later date.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.