ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

During Appeal, Passport is Lost, New Application ???

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

salmanisd
Newly Registered

During Appeal, Passport is Lost, New Application ???

Post by salmanisd » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:21 pm

Hello Every one,
My case is in appeal,
And my passport is lost
Is it possible to make new application without passport ?

Please anybody help me in this matter.
Many Thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:41 am

You cannot make a new application while the appeal is pending - neither without a passport nor with a new passport.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

salmanisd
Newly Registered

Post by salmanisd » Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:02 am

Thanks
are you sure about this.
As i have ask the immigration lawyer he is saying there is an option
for lost passport but you have to attach police report with it.
More over according to the immigration lawyer anyone can make new application during appeal.

i am confused now :s

Spidery_thread
Member of Standing

Re: During Appeal, Passport is Lost, New Application ???

Post by Spidery_thread » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:25 pm

salmanisd wrote:Hello Every one,
My case is in appeal,
And my passport is lost
Is it possible to make new application without passport ?

Please anybody help me in this matter.
Many Thanks
You can file a new application while an appeal is pending, as there is an option in most application forms.

E.g: I refer you to Page 23, Question J24 on T4G Application form:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... nform1.pdf

You can take both simultaneously, HO will either tell you to withdraw your appeal so that they can issue you with a new visa or if your appeal is allowed you then can withdraw your new application with the HO or you can withdraw your appeal once you file new application.

For lost/stolen passport, you'll have to attach the Police report with your application and reapply new passport ASAP.
Information provided is general guidance and does not constitute legal advice.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:55 pm

You cannot make a new application whilst you have an outstanding appeal as section 3c of the immigration act 1971 does not allow it. If you make a fresh application whilst your appeal is on going ukba will send it back to you and tell you it cannot be considered.

Spidery_thread
Member of Standing

Post by Spidery_thread » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:08 pm

Greenie wrote:You cannot make a new application whilst you have an outstanding appeal as section 3c of the immigration act 1971 does not allow it. If you make a fresh application whilst your appeal is on going ukba will send it back to you and tell you it cannot be considered.
With due respect, my cousin PSW was refused due to maintenance, we appealed and when he completed another 28 days period of maintained funds, he reapplied Tier 1 PSW while the appeal was pending.

Appeal dismissed at 1st Tier Tribunal but was allowed at Upper Tribunal, his fresh application for PSW was also approved and there was no contradiction between the two.

When UKBA receives the new application, appeal can be withdrawn. Also if fresh application can not be made while an appeal is pending, why there is Question J24, in T4G application form.

Please comment. It will be an addition to my knowledge.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:46 am

See section 5

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... schapter1/

If leave is extended by virtue of section 3C then a new application cannot be made.

Spidery_thread
Member of Standing

Post by Spidery_thread » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:28 am

Greenie wrote:See section 5

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... schapter1/

If leave is extended by virtue of section 3C then a new application cannot be made.
Dear Greenie,

HO do accept multiple applications, this is my personal experience on 3 different occassions.

I filed T4G, in June 2011 then varied it with SET(O)-LR-ILR in Sep 2011, while T4G was still pending, both were considered.

Please see this:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

SECTION 3C OF THE IMMIGRATION ACT 1971 (AS AMENDED)
Although the intruction is obselete, 2nd application is still considered while Section 3C is enforced.

I don't know how.

Thanks for your info.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:33 pm

The IDI you are referring to is obsolete, i.e. it no longer applies.

The current IDI on Section 3C and 3D leave is here

Whilst leave is still current, multiple applications can be made, however once 3C leave is in play, an applicant is not permitted to make a further application, he or she can only vary the grounds of the outstanding application. once the application has been refused, there is no application to vary and therefore an applicant cannot make a further application whilst his or her leave is extended under 3C by virtue of an outstanding appeal.

Spidery_thread
Member of Standing

Post by Spidery_thread » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:35 pm

Greenie wrote:The IDI you are referring to is obsolete, i.e. it no longer applies.

Whilst leave is still current, multiple applications can be made, however once 3C leave is in play, an applicant is not permitted to make a further application, he or she can only vary the grounds of the outstanding application. once the application has been refused, there is no application to vary and therefore an applicant cannot make a further application whilst his or her leave is extended under 3C by virtue of an outstanding appeal.
Hi,

Let me re-phrase my post:

I understand that IDI I mentioned is obsolete as per my previous post:

1) But my understanding is leave can be varied to a different kind of application but the grounds of current application can not be varied once section 3C is in force.(as per my applications, T4G to ILR when 3C was in force).

2) One can file fresh application in the same category to which he/she is already appealing against the refusal on previous application in the same category at the Tribunal but he/she must withdraw the appeal, 'The day HO receives the application' to discontinue section 3C.

These 3C rules are bit tricky if I may say.

Thanks.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:21 pm

Spidery_thread wrote:
Greenie wrote:The IDI you are referring to is obsolete, i.e. it no longer applies.

Hi,

Let me re-phrase my post:

I understand that IDI I mentioned is obsolete as per my previous post:

1) But my understanding is leave can be varied to a different kind of application but the grounds of current application can not be varied once section 3C is in force.(as per my applications, T4G to ILR when 3C was in force).

2) One can file fresh application in the same category to which he/she is already appealing against the refusal on previous application in the same category at the Tribunal but he/she must withdraw the appeal, 'The day HO receives the application' to discontinue section 3C.

These 3C rules are bit tricky if I may say.

Thanks.
you are still confused and the information you have given above is incorrect (and at odds with what you have said previously). I would suggest you refrain from advising people on matters that you do not have a clear understanding of.

Spidery_thread
Member of Standing

Post by Spidery_thread » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:26 pm

I am not confused at all, please consult an Immigration Solicitor, you'll find both above 1 & 2 correct in practice....

My advise is correct, as far as practicaly, in my case.

Also please read the footer.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:31 pm

Spidery_thread wrote:I am not confused at all, please consult an Immigration Solicitor, you'll find both above 1 & 2 correct in practice....

If you are not cofused, why are you are continuing to contradict the current guidance document and the law? The grounds of an application can be varied once 3C is in force, but not after the application has been refused. If an applicant withdrawns an appeal and applies on the same day, he risks the application being returned because the tribunal has not yet served the notice of withdrawal of appeal to affect the withdrawal.

Spidery_thread
Member of Standing

Post by Spidery_thread » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:34 pm

Greenie wrote:
Spidery_thread wrote:I am not confused at all, please consult an Immigration Solicitor, you'll find both above 1 & 2 correct in practice....

If you are not cofused, why are you are continuing to contradict the current guidance document and the law? The grounds of an application can be varied once 3C is in force, but not after the application has been refused. If an applicant withdrawns an appeal and applies on the same day, he risks the application being returned because the tribunal has not yet served the notice of withdrawal of appeal to affect the withdrawal.
I am not contradicting Immigration laws, there is always a risk once an application is refused, I rest my case.

masuma123
Newly Registered

help me please

Post by masuma123 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:17 pm

hi,it will be very helpful for me if anyone suggest me in my present situation,,,I apply for psw april 2012,refused on january 2013 (reason date of award)...ftt hearing july 2013 again refused on august 2013...now appeal in utt ,,,still waiting for the permission,,,in this situation can i make new application in different category...am i consider to be over stayer...please help me ...