ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 extension refused coz of college. Need some advice ur

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Zamir123
Newly Registered

Tier 1 extension refused coz of college. Need some advice ur

Post by Zamir123 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:59 am

Hi there
I have applied for my tier 1 general extension and ukba has detained me without even serving refusal letter. They have mentioned that we have served you refusal letter and asked you to leave the country in 28 days and you were failed to do so therefore we have detained you and removing you from the country. I am on temporary admission now and waiting for hearing date from the tribunal.

I was refused because ukba said that my college has confirmed that my degree is fake. But actually i have studied and passed my qualification from the college. Two of my employers has previously verified my qualification from the college through email and it was positive. I have got proves of those emails too. Now college is closed so it has no successors to answer any queries. My solicitor has called and asked my ukba case worker and he said that initialy college has denied but then college has accepted that your client was a student in the college, so there was a contradiction therefore i refused it and refer it to a relevant department.

1- what are the chances to win the case from court and on what grounds?
2- i have got a wife here who is british national. We are married under the islamic laws( there was no paper work and registration involved, it is not nacessary in islam) but we havent registered our marriage in uk. Can i register my marriage now and apply for spouse visa in temporary admission status. What are the chances between getting spouse visa or discretionery leave?
3- if i leave coutry voluntarily. Would ukba give me clean chit or can ask the court to give me a clean chit, if not then what will be the negative impact. And then from home country can i come back on spouse visa?

Thanks
Zamir ahmed

wasim_n

Re: Tier 1 extension refused coz of college. Need some advic

Post by wasim_n » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:28 am

Zamir123 wrote:Hi there
I have applied for my tier 1 general extension and ukba has detained me without even serving refusal letter. They have mentioned that we have served you refusal letter and asked you to leave the country in 28 days and you were failed to do so therefore we have detained you and removing you from the country. I am on temporary admission now and waiting for hearing date from the tribunal.

I was refused because ukba said that my college has confirmed that my degree is fake. But actually i have studied and passed my qualification from the college. Two of my employers has previously verified my qualification from the college through email and it was positive. I have got proves of those emails too. Now college is closed so it has no successors to answer any queries. My solicitor has called and asked my ukba case worker and he said that initialy college has denied but then college has accepted that your client was a student in the college, so there was a contradiction therefore i refused it and refer it to a relevant department.

2- i have got a wife here who is british national. We are married under the islamic laws( there was no paper work and registration involved, it is not nacessary in islam) but we havent registered our marriage in uk. Can i register my marriage now and apply for spouse visa in temporary admission status. What are the chances between getting spouse visa or discretionery leave?
3- if i leave coutry voluntarily. Would ukba give me clean chit or can ask the court to give me a clean chit, if not then what will be the negative impact. And then from home country can i come back on spouse visa?

Thanks
Zamir ahmed
Was your initial Tier 1 application approved based on same degree?

longshift
United Kingdom

Post by longshift » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:44 am

Zamir,

Sorry to hear about your rejection.

About point 3. It all depends on how your appeal goes in tribunal. If you win than clean chit, if not.... Your records will show fraud status. And will affect future visa applications as they see immigration history in all cases.

You have a good case here as they have approved the degree in your initial application and you have your employers letters to prove your point too. Fight it till the end. Good Luck to you my friend.

black7

Post by black7 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:31 am

Dear Zamir,
Sorry to hear about your ordeal, I think 2 important think to consider, firstly if they considered your same degree for initial application, then ask them about if they had made any check at that stage and the outcome of that check.
Secondly , normally degree is issued by University and even if your college has closed, there will be record in University

Regards

vignezh
United Kingdom

Post by vignezh » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:39 am

Thanks
Zamir ahmed
You are saying that CW said to your lawyer that he contacted the college and they admitted that you were a student. But you are also saying the college is closed and you cannot contact them. It is confusing. If you college is closed how UKBA managed to contact them?

Zamir123
Newly Registered

Post by Zamir123 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:54 am

1-Yes initial leave was on the same qualification. And my lawyer has got the copy of the file and they havent verified it on that time. But i have got proves from the employers that college has verified. One employer has done it 2.5 years a go and another has done it just before i applied my extension.

2-When i applied for extension college was open but delisted since long time and after 2 months it got closed. So might be CW contacted on that time when it was open. But now there is no college, no staff, so nobody is there to verify or deny. CW said initially they denied then they admitted that he was a student.

So i am confused why college would do that?

3- it was college's internal qualification.

vignezh wrote:

Thanks
Zamir ahmed
You are saying that CW said to your lawyer that he contacted the college and they admitted that you were a student. But you are also saying the college is closed and you cannot contact them. It is confusing. If you college is closed how UKBA managed to contact them?

quantum1
Member of Standing

Post by quantum1 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:02 pm

Its not advisable to send documents for extension if you do not need to. Usually they do not need documents for an extension if you sent them before, therefore it is better to just tick the box saying you sent them in first application. The more documents you send, the longer the application will take to be processed because they will try to verify the document, and they might pick on something to penalise you.

From what you are saying I think the home office is disputing the award and not the fact that you studied at the institution. So college might have told the home office you studied there but were not awarded a degree. You need to get in touch with the college. I know they are closed but find a way for them to back you up. Verification by your employer can be challenged by home office as this will be second hand and their standards of verification are not the same. Colleges do not vanish into thin air. Find the persons involved. There will definitely be records of it somewhere, or at least a paper trail. Otherwise your degree will just turn into a piece of paper. Unfortunately if a degree cannot be verified, its not really a degree, so you need to get this sorted out fast, not just for tier 1 but for your career too. If you really can't find anything then pieces of independent evidence suggesting you were awarded a degree will also help out. Things such a photos from graduation ceremony and the like.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:13 pm

a photo of someone attending a graduation ceremony is not evidence that they genuinely studied for a genuine qualification. An email to an employer will not amount to much either if UKBA now have information from the college that the qualification is bogus.

it is not clear exactly what the UKBA are asserting about the qualificaiton - i.e. are they saying that he didn't study and has a fake certificate, or they saying that the college handed out bogus qualifications.

OP what do you mean it was the college's 'internal qualification' unless the college has degree awarding powers, it cannot award you a degree.

What qualification was it? what is the name of the college?

black7

Post by black7 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:20 pm

Dear Zamir,

Where did you qualify, was it in UK or elsewhere?
College internal qualification is bit dubious, as far as I know both in UK and India degree are generally given by University, it is very well possible that some college of significant repute may have power to issue degree ( which I dont know ) but again this is highly unlikely in your case, as I cannot imagine that a college would have a legal right to issue degree certificate and it was delisted!!!

You can contact UK NARIC if you had degree from outside UK and get confirmation about authenticity of your degree and its equivalence to UK degree

Regards

silent_warrior
Member of Standing

Post by silent_warrior » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:23 pm

Hello Zamir
Try writing to a competent Authority like BAC. Check this link
http://the-bac.org/sites/default/files/ ... uk1112.pdf
and check this website also
http://www.ofqual.gov.uk/help-and-suppo ... r-students
Hope this helps

ali83

A salam

Post by ali83 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:29 am

I hope u well all guyz!!!!
Can plz anyone knws wht outcome of dis case after tribunal appeal!!!
Cause me also in same boat my college iz closed n my visa extension iz due by 2months now so wht evr u help me guyz will be very very thankful to u guyz
Thanks

member_2013
Newly Registered

Post by member_2013 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:57 pm

Hello ali83,

Hope you are doing well. Kindly let me know what did you do in your case ?
I am also facing a similar situation.

Any kind of help is highly appreciated.

Thanking you in anticipation.