ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OLD FLR(M) waiting times Thread

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:54 pm

Isn't this thread supposed to be for timelines? Why do people keep posting advice queries which then prompt very long replies in particular when they already have other posts asking the same questions?

Anyone actually wanting to find out about timelines is going to have a difficult job looking through this thread.

ID29

Post by ID29 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:00 pm

Greenie wrote:... Anyone actually wanting to find out about timelines is going to have a difficult job looking through this thread.
Agreed

icetort2012
Newly Registered

Post by icetort2012 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:08 pm

Thanks to ID29

Please do you mean the 5795 annual income after the Bill have be paid ( House Rent , Council) or before because i only earn 850 a month and my wife get a tax credit of 450 a month and a Full Time University Student.

Many Thanks.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:11 pm

Please stick to your other thread

This thread is for timelines.

CDNgirl

Post by CDNgirl » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:01 pm

So...just got off the phone with UKBA and they told me that my biometrics letter was generated on 04/12/12 and she said it will be in the post!!!

I am thrilled beyond belief! Only 10 weeks of waiting for it!

My timeline so far:

Submitted application: 25/09/12
Acknowledgement letter received: 01/10/12
Biometrics letter generated: 04/12/12
Biometrics done: (as soon as I get my hands on that letter)

Switching from Tier 4 to Unmarried partners Visa

Hopefully anyone else waiting for theirs will be getting it soon as well!

samestory

Post by samestory » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:58 pm

Congratulations ID29 on your Biometric letter. You should be excited!

crowline

flr m delays

Post by crowline » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:17 pm

its a sign of how desperately helpless ukba has made us, when people start celebrating receiving biometric letters!!

daiyan.suraya

Post by daiyan.suraya » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:27 pm

well said crowline

Aus25
Newly Registered

Post by Aus25 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:24 pm

CDNgirl wrote:So...just got off the phone with UKBA and they told me that my biometrics letter was generated on 04/12/12 and she said it will be in the post!!!

I am thrilled beyond belief! Only 10 weeks of waiting for it!

My timeline so far:

Submitted application: 25/09/12
Acknowledgement letter received: 01/10/12
Biometrics letter generated: 04/12/12
Biometrics done: (as soon as I get my hands on that letter)

Switching from Tier 4 to Unmarried partners Visa

Hopefully anyone else waiting for theirs will be getting it soon as well!

Hooray CDNgirl! Glad to hear the enornous clunky wheels are beginning to turn for you!

Aus25
Newly Registered

Re: My timeline

Post by Aus25 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:27 pm

backagain wrote:
badnicki wrote:Not sure if anyone else under civil partnerships have found their wait to be longer?
Check with Aus25. They just received their BRP on a FLR(M) for unmarried partner. Perhaps they can give you some insight. It may not be the same as civil partner, but it sounds close.
Hi -

I don't think I'm in any sort of position to give advice here. I would be highly surprised if they treat married / unmarried / same sex couples according to different timescales, and it would seem that this is not the case given the range of applicants who have been successful, having applied around the same time.

CDNgirl

Post by CDNgirl » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:18 am

Crowline wrote:
its a sign of how desperately helpless ukba has made us, when people start celebrating receiving biometric letters!!
Haha very much agree!

Thanks Aus25! Hopefully the rest of the wait won't be as painful...however I highly doubt it ;)

eejzx
Newly Registered

Post by eejzx » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:56 pm

I posted before, but got no input back. Would appreciate any advice.

I am a brtish citizen from birth, all my family are here in UK. My husband has been in the UK since 2003. From 2003 to 2007 he was on a student visa. In 2007 we applied for a COA and it was approved and we got married, he changed to a spouse visa. He was due to apply for ILR in 2009, but we did not have enough documents so we applied for FLR, it got approved. So then my husband got a driving conviction through the court for speeding on the motorway. So we had to apply for FLR until the driving convition was spent.

We applied on 15th 2011
Biometrics were done in January 2012
We rang to ask about the application in July 2012 but the woman said a decision hasnt been made yet.

We have 2 children a 4 year old and a two year old. 4 year old goes to nursery. Our finances are not great, but we own our own home. My husband was earning around 800 a month and I was recieving around 750 in child benefits and tax credits (as I am British I was told this was not regarded as a Public Fund) we pay council tax and all our bills. My husband has recentley become self employed and is earning a little more.

Anyway, we sent a lot of documents proving that we live together.

I'm just very worried, I'm scared to even phone to find out what is going on.

Could our application be refused? Based on Finances? Could they tell my husband to go back to Pakistan and that we should go too?

That is just not an option. I would really appreciate any input. I've contacted my MP but he hasnt replied.

ID29

Post by ID29 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:32 am

Hi eejzx,

I think the reason no one has responded is because we simply don't know whether your application will be approved. From what you have said, I'd guess you will be okay but at the end of the day it is the UKBA that makes the decisions.

You do need to think about chasing up your application though. Its been a full year. Try your MP again and if he/she doesn't respond then make an appointment to go see them. Don't worry about finances or convictions, you cannot change those now but you do need a decision... even a bad one will allow you to take the next steps.

I wish you good luck and if you don't get any help from your MP don't be afraid to name them. If they aren't doing their job their constituents should be told.

jeiru004
Newly Registered

waiting and waiting

Post by jeiru004 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:21 pm

so annoying in ukba website, in news and updates it's all about changes, fined, caught etc but no information about how many approvals and revoke applications had done..

crowline

no visa week

Post by crowline » Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:03 pm

looks like this has been a no visa week for flr m forum members. seems like ukba staff are sliding into xmas mode! hopefully next week is better. will forever regret the day i decided to post my application and not go for premium service option. all in the name of saving £300!! the 7.5 months i have waited, have cost me much more financially & emotionally. ok enough moaning. will shut up and wait

ID29

Re: no visa week

Post by ID29 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:29 pm

crowline wrote:... will forever regret the day i decided to post my application and not go for premium service option.
I've often thought that too... but at the time we applied a premium appointment wasn't available for many many weeks AND not all applications get dealt with on the day either. Its always possible you could have spent the extra and still have been left waiting.

To be honest, we had always planned to submit our FLR(M) application late April or very early May but were delayed because we had to wait for an appointment at a Designated Registry Office. We never anticipated that a simple 10 minute thing to register a civil partnership would have such long waiting lists. It meant that for weeks (months really) we had to join the long wait and yet hadn't even passed the first hurdle. In the end, we gave into fate and posted our application in July. And fate smiled on us. Without knowing, that decision meant we got our application decided probably before it might have been if we'd sent it in earlier. As you get older you realise that life is like that sometimes.

I have a feeling we'll see a lot of the remaining Mar/Apr/May applications rushed out in the next few week. Lets hope so.

And who knows what the future will bring. Maybe next time your application finds itself on the top of the pile and others like ours are left collecting dust.

samestory

Post by samestory » Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:38 pm

Xmas time should be an opportunity to make people around you happy. I wish the UKBA could deal with most applications submitted this year before Xmas and not get us unhappy into the New year. Also, I am sure many of us used the postal service only because it was convenient, not to save cost. I was unable to get a PEO appointment and instead of running the risk of being an overstayer, I decided to send in the post. Many of us are wiser after this experience and hopefully we will apply next time (through PEO) at least 4 months to the expiry. Hopefully, we will all be successful with our current applications.

samestory

Post by samestory » Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:54 pm

ID29 wrote:
crowline wrote:... will forever regret the day i decided to post my application and not go for premium service option.
..... We never anticipated that a simple 10 minute thing to register a civil partnership would have such long waiting lists.....In the end, we gave into fate and posted our application in July. And fate smiled on us.
Very true. It was the long wait at the registry that caught me in the post-9th July changes. But it's all for the best. Is there a dedicated forum like this for the PEO appointments? I would like to know their experiences. I have searched the site but unable to find it.

crowline

Post by crowline » Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:02 pm

unfortunately my decision was mainly financial... how shortsighted! at the end of the day its been a steep learning curve for most of us.... best of luck

ID29

Re: waiting and waiting

Post by ID29 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:07 pm

jeiru004 wrote:so annoying in ukba website, in news and updates...
Well I guess their agenda now is to make immigration difficult so its not surprising to see them highlight the removals rather than welcome the arrivals.

Just noticed you're a first time poster... Welcome to the Waiting Room :wink:

If you're a FLR(M) applicant, do post your timeline when you get a moment.
FLR(M) posted: 2/Jul/12
Receipt: 7/Jul/12
Payment: 9/Jul/12
Biometrics letter: 1/Sept/12
Biometrics submitted: 1/Sept/12
Passport/Docs: 19/Nov/12 (Dated 15/Nov)
Biometric Card: 20/Nov/12
Visa Type : FLR(M) Spouse
Visa From: Proposed CP

samestory

Post by samestory » Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:09 pm

eejzx wrote:I posted before, but got no input back. Would appreciate any advice.....Our finances are not great, but we own our own home. My husband was earning around 800 a month and I was recieving around 750 in child benefits and tax credits I'm just very worried, I'm scared to even phone to find out what is going on. Could our application be refused?
Hi eejzx,

Many of us share the same concerns as you, but maybe if you posted in the maintenance section, someone could send you a reply. Just like you, many of us are worried too about meeting all the requirements and until the documents return, you cannot always be sure. My opinion is that you wait and see if more documents will be requested from you, then you can ask posters on here to suggest what evidence you need to prove this or that. Goodluck to us all!

samestory

Post by samestory » Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:34 pm

eejzx wrote: We applied on 15th 2011
Biometrics were done in January 2012
Also, your date seems to have a mistake or omission. Don't know if you meant the application was made on the 15th December 2011. If you did, I agree with ID29 that you should contact your MP again. I'd also like to inform you that there are some February applicants on here who are yet to get a decision too. So, you are not alone.

jeiru004
Newly Registered

Post by jeiru004 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:38 pm

FLR M from tier 4 then civil partnered

app send:6-7-12
received by ho:9-7-12
ack letter:19-7-12
bio invitation:11-10-12 as dated but received 13-10-12
bio done: 13-10-12
doc's back: Santa knows when
passport and Brp: Santa and Royal mail knows when..

my visa will expire this end of december and this os driving me crazy.. it took only 3 days to process everything in my home country for this type of application..

daiyan.suraya

Post by daiyan.suraya » Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:41 pm

A sucess story from another forum.... hope it will give us some kind of hope..

Hi guys

I've never posted on here, but have been reading everyone's stories and gaining solace that I was not the only one waiting... however my wait is over... it all arrived back today, with a visa valid for 2 years So I applied in March 2012, biometrics taken on 14 April 2012, and passports and visas arrived today 8 December 2012 - 9 months after initial application. Hang in there people.
:) :)

daiyan.suraya

Post by daiyan.suraya » Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:42 pm