ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Zambrano - Birth Certificate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sunshine30
Newly Registered

Zambrano - Birth Certificate

Post by sunshine30 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:50 pm

Has anyone applied for RC under Zambrano with only birth certificate to show that the child is UK born of a british father? Would that be enough or is it still needed a british passport as well?

Thanks

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:19 pm

I didn't apply under Zambrano but a birth certificate doesn't include nationality of the parents. Just their place of birth. So it won't prove the father is British.

sunshine30
Newly Registered

Post by sunshine30 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:39 pm

Thanks for the reply! It's a shame that nationality is not to show on the uk birth certificates, even though the father is also UK Born before 1983. I think I will have to apply for my son's passport on his behalf I suppose!

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:47 pm

The father's birth certificate would show the father is British (as was born before 1983).

The British father will need to apply for the child passport. IPS will not issue a passport if you apply (using the father British passport number).

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:43 pm

On the basis of the new regulation 29A, you may be able to apply without the child's passport, and provide reason relating to the absence of the father who is British, for not being able to provide the evidence. Or you can apply for confirmation of British Nationality.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

evie233
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by evie233 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:35 pm

Hi sunshine 30, I was in the same position few months ago, and I want you to know that it is possible to get your child's passport, without your partner, all I Did was to get his paasport number and issue date, gave permission, and do the rest,... Pls call IPS so you know what i am saying is the truth,( this is what I Did) I explained my situation to them and they said if I had his passport number, n get the form and Picture countersigned, they will sort it out... So please dont give up hope, you can get it without the father, as far as she was born after 2006... ( pls call IPS, they will explain better...

sunshine30
Newly Registered

Post by sunshine30 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:29 pm

evie233 Thank you very much for your advice, this is exactly what I am doing right now, after contacting IPS, luckly my child was born after 2006 and I do hold his father passport details. Will be sending the application this week coming! Fingers crossed!

sunshine30
Newly Registered

Post by sunshine30 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:31 pm

Obie Thank you for your reply! things seems to be looking much clearer now! :)