ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Permit UK Citizen working in Ireland and wife is Thai

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

stevenelliott
Newly Registered

EEA Permit UK Citizen working in Ireland and wife is Thai

Post by stevenelliott » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:32 am

Hello ,

I`m getting my self in a muddle and im not sure how to do this.
Me and the wife got married in bangkok a few days ago , and iv had a job offer in Ireland , and because im an UK Citizen i should be able to get an EEA Permit for the wife.

Do i apply in Thailand at Irish Embassy?

iv seen a form im not sure if this is correct , it says i need to have bills in my name which i wont have as i wont have my own place will be shared with other people ? the link is http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Form%20E ... %20EU1.pdf

also it says about the passports im ment to send mine and hers to them , what if they go missing in the post or something ? im pretty confused about this.

Many Thanks

Steven

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:27 am

I assume you are both in Thailand.

She needs to apply for a simple easy visitors visa at the Irish embassy.

http://eumovement.wordpress.com/2007/04 ... u-citizen/ are the general requirements. Nothing mor.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:56 am

EEA Family Permit is the term the UKBA use. It is not a EU wide name. As pointed out, she just need an entry visa. The form you referred to is for a 5 years residence card which you apply once you live in Ireland.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:24 am

Start here

http://www.irelandinthailand.com/services1.html

Note well that you will be applying for a visa as the spouse of an EU citizen (or rather your wife will be). Much of the information on the website will not be relevant to your case.

stevenelliott
Newly Registered

Post by stevenelliott » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:24 am

Thanks for your replys im looking at this now , does this information also work for the czech republic as iv got an offer there also and i want to go to the best route.

Also im currently in Thailand at the moment, but will be leaving soon and she will stay here in Thailand for a while

While im away working in another EU country how do i get the visa for europe for she , does she need to provide my passport to the embassy in thailand for the country she wants to visit or what , as im not lucky with passports they seam to go missing !!

Steven

stevenelliott
Newly Registered

Post by stevenelliott » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:42 am

Also when i was looking at the visa for Ireland it says when will you be leaving ireland for the wife ? what so i got to buy a return ticket ? if i want she to stay with me what would i say on the form ?

Thanks
Steven

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:13 pm

Steven,

Did you read the material at http://eumovement.wordpress.com/2007/04 ... u-citizen/

Blyboy
Newly Registered

Re: EEA Permit UK Citizen working in Ireland and wife is Th

Post by Blyboy » Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:02 am

Directive 2004 -

If Steven's wife applies for an easy visitors permit, are you talking about a Schengen Visa?

(My question, if I may?) Can a non EEA citizen apply for an EEA family permit to the UK whilst on a Schengen Visa, or do they have to convert that visa into a residence permit first and then apply for the family permit?

Sorry for hijacking your post, Steven.

Blyboy
Newly Registered

Re: EEA Permit UK Citizen working in Ireland and wife is Th

Post by Blyboy » Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:08 am

Steven and other members-

One of the reasons I have found that it's difficult to get answers to questions is because of the fact that so many embassies use VFS now.

I applied for my wife's Schengen visa (she is Thai), through VFS in Saudi Arabia, and they had absolutely no idea what they were doing. I even had to pay for the fees for a Schengen, despite the fact that I am British and it is noted on the Schengen form, with asterisks, that EU citizens do not need to pay/submit financial information etc. Trust me....I WILL get that money back :)

Schengen states use VFS in Thailand, so always make sure you know your stuff before you go in there, especially as one member said by reading the https://eumovement.wordpress.com/2007/0 ... u-citizen/

Good luck!