ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TOC application

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Redtomato
Newly Registered

TOC application

Post by Redtomato » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:38 pm

Hi guys,

I'm so depressed I didn't find this site before I did my application.
A bit of background story:
My bag was stolen from me in London and in it my passport as well. I got my replacement passport done within that week (I'm a Malaysian medical student in Leeds btw). I then straight away applied for a TOC on 30/04/12 as I will be travelling for my medical electives early July.

Biggest mistake I made (well.. apart from going down to London on that faithful day)
I called them after 3 weeks and they told me my application wasn't even on the system. As a general rule, they said 75% of applications would be processed within 4 weeks after doing the biometrics. I wanted to withdraw my application but the biometrics letter came the day I made up my mind (25/5/12).
So I went ahead hoping I would fall within the 75% as
1) its a replacement visa!!!!
2) no dependants and no criminal record (Plus a CRB check was done just a few months ago)
3) my original visa application only took 1 week to process back in Malaysia

As you guys can guess... no such luck. I think I was being too optimistic. So I just called them and the lady this time was less helpful telling me that postal applications are all done within 4-14 weeks and she nvr heard of the "75% completed within 4 weeks". She also told me that case workers no longer entertain request to expedite applications.

So guys... is withdrawing my application my only option? Im due to fly out on the 5th of July (fyi.. medical electives are part of my curriculum. I'm not flying out of the country for a holiday. plus everything was arranged before my passport was stolen) Just the thought of losing £220 and paying another £295 to reapply under the Tier 4 visa makes me depressed.

thanks for any reply. and sorry for the long post

Loveislovely
- thin ice -

Post by Loveislovely » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:11 pm

Hi Redtomato!

You say that you needed to travel by july 5, I am incline to believe that if your passport was stolen with visa, then you would obviously need to show that you have a visa in order to come back into this country, how will you prove that, if you do not get it transfered to new passport, is that a risk you want to take? You maybe fortunate in receiving it before this month's end, good luck.
All for one, one for all..... Peace

Redtomato
Newly Registered

Post by Redtomato » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:30 pm

Well, what the lady from ukba and my uni immigration advisor said that i could reapply in malaysia as a fresh tier 4 applicant using a new CAS number the uni would be happy to reissue me. I really cant miss my flight. I'm just getting scared as the lady this time said it would take up to 14 weeks for a toc and there have been numerous posts on this board saying it took 3-4 months (or longer) for their TOC to be processed. Now with reports saying that tey hv half a million visa to issue for olympics as well?? Just curious, do all applications just get lumped into one stream or are there separate case workers for each type of application? I dont imagine many ppl applying for a toc so im just surprised it takes so long.

No official data fom ukba though. Their website is useless.
Really cant believe how slow they are.

Redtomato
Newly Registered

Post by Redtomato » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:55 am

well guys,
i just requested for my application to be withdrawn (12/06/12) since I can't have this behind my mind all the time with my exams tomorrow. at least my case is on the system unlike some other horror stories i've read where their case wasn't even on the system causing significant delays to the return of their documents.

i'll give an update to when i receive my passport back

lovingmusic
Newly Registered

Post by lovingmusic » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:44 pm

heyy

I know exactly how you feel coz I'm in the same position as you are right now. It's been 11 weeks since I've done my biometric enrollment and still no sign of visa. I completely lost my hope now.

Are you able to contact ukba? I've been calling 08706067766 almost everyday but they never pick up so I can't even find out what is going on. So frustrating!

Let me know how long it took you to get your passport back.

Redtomato
Newly Registered

Post by Redtomato » Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:46 pm

just got back my passport today. (letter dated 13/06/12 so they actually processed my request the next day)
that was bloody fast. man... i hope i didn't make a mistake of recalling back my passport if they could have done it within the next 2 weeks. ah well... it's a risk i didn't want to take and I'm thinking that if they could have returned it to me that fast, it was probably just sitting on some desk and no one was even doing anything about my application.

i did ask the lady when i requested for a return if my case number was on the system and it was. so i'm thinking that's y they could return it that fast as well. i noticed that people who had a lot of trouble getting their passport back was when they were told their case number wasn't on their system.

g luck to anyone else waiting for their passports/visas to be returned. i'm doing mine back in m'sia so i have to cross fingers everything goes well back there as well.

Redtomato
Newly Registered

Post by Redtomato » Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:48 pm

oh yea, if you're calling the ukba number, my advice is to just hold on. It's really expensive but i've been on hold for nearly 30 mins when finally someone answered my call and i spoke to them for only 5 minutes.
if you need to talk to them, just hold on and eventually your call will be answered.

Redtomato
Newly Registered

Post by Redtomato » Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:48 pm

oh yea, if you're calling the ukba number, my advice is to just hold on. It's really expensive but i've been on hold for nearly 30 mins when finally someone answered my call and i spoke to them for only 5 minutes.
if you need to talk to them, just hold on and eventually your call will be answered.

lovingmusic
Newly Registered

Post by lovingmusic » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:53 am

I was wondering, when you withdraw the application, do you get all the documents back including the police report?

Redtomato
Newly Registered

Post by Redtomato » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:21 am

yup. everything is returned with the application form and the photographs, etc

Damuot
Newly Registered

Post by Damuot » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:25 pm

Dear Red Tomato,

Please can you tell me if you managed to ask for a new tier 4 visa in your home country? I am exactly in the same situation, but I have been told that I might not get the visa again.
I need your advise.
Thanks

Redtomato
Newly Registered

Post by Redtomato » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:54 pm

Yes. I was issued a new tier 4 visa using the new CAS number issued by the uni. It was so much faster. Waited for nearly 2 months, getting nowhere here... When i reapplied back home, my visa was issued in less than a week. Cant imagine what they do in the ukba offices here

Damuot
Newly Registered

Post by Damuot » Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:04 pm

That is incredible! But you had to mention that your passport was stolen right? Did you present any additional information apart from the information you presented the first time? (Eg. The police report about the robbery?).
Thanks a lot Redtomato! My flight is in 2 weeks! In my country the visa takes 3 weeks because the passports go to brazil, but I have time to ask for a new visa and come back. Did you have any problem because you left the UK without a support that you had the right to be here?

sawera22
Newly Registered

Post by sawera22 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:19 pm

i have applied my toc application in april and after 8 months of wait.now i asked for withdrawal because of urgency matter,can somebody tell me how long i have to wait for my papers now?thanks

Damuot
Newly Registered

Post by Damuot » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:19 am

Dear sawera i am really sorry about your timeline. Are you planning to go to your home country and start a new process there? Did you receive your passport back?

sawera22
Newly Registered

Post by sawera22 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:39 pm

yes i have recieved my papers yesterday and i do,nt have to apply back home because i still have visa to return