ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My wife just had the following e-mail

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gareth79_cardiff

My wife just had the following e-mail

Post by gareth79_cardiff » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:42 pm

UNCLASSIFIED: Your Visa Application at Rio de Janeiro

Has been issued. Your documents will be dispatched the following working day. We want to hear your views on the service we provided, please complete our Customer Satisfaction Survey at: http://feedback.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/ ... 37412smumc

Play by the rules or get locked out for up to 10 years if you abuse our immigration laws. This is an automated message, please do not reply to this email.
Does this mean our visa has been issued? Have we been successful? I'm so worried

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Re: My wife just had the following e-mail

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:47 pm

gareth79_cardiff wrote:Your Visa Application at Rio de Janeiro has been issued.
gareth79_cardiff wrote:Does this mean our visa has been issued?

gareth79_cardiff

Re: My wife just had the following e-mail

Post by gareth79_cardiff » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:49 pm

Lucapooka wrote:
gareth79_cardiff wrote:Your Visa Application at Rio de Janeiro has been issued.
gareth79_cardiff wrote:Does this mean our visa has been issued?
No I know, the word that worries me is 'application'. I've googled the wording of this e-mail and it appears other people have had the same e-mail, but none of them have come back onto the various boards to say 'yep we got it' afterwards

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:52 pm

Your visa application has been processed is the neutral version of the same email that is sent to some, but not all people, but you don't have that email. They tell people they have got their visa but they never issue emails saying an application have been refused. You have got your your visa!

gareth79_cardiff

Post by gareth79_cardiff » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:57 pm

Lucapooka wrote:Your visa application has been processed is the neutral version of the same email that sent to people. They never issue emails saying application have been refused. You have got your your visa!
Oh God I don't want to bring myself to believe it. We have a young son and we have been through absolute hell over the last year, and have already had one application refused. I couldn't take it for my and my wifes hopes to be raised and then crushed again.

Once she is here I am going to offer my services in any way I can to help other people going through this, I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy

Do you know if she picks it up how we will know if she is successful? When it was turned down we got a sheet of paper which was the refusal and an appeal application form. This time will she get a sheet of paper or just a stamp in her passport?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:01 pm

I am intimately familiar with the visa process in Rio and can assure you that the visa has been issued. When she opens her passport it will have a visa vignette pasted onto one of the pages. There may be other paperwork relating to UK matters but these days, to save paper, they tend to send this electronically with the email (as you have already confirmed).

gareth79_cardiff

Post by gareth79_cardiff » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:06 pm

Lucapooka wrote:I am intimately familiar with the visa process in Rio and can assure you that the visa has been issued. When she opens her passport it will have a visa vignette pasted onto one of the pages. There may be other paperwork relating to UK matters but these days, to save paper, they tend to send this electronically with the email (as you have already confirmed).
I could cry my eyes out, but I will save it for when I hear from her tomorrow. Hopefully they will be tears of joy. Thank you so much for your swift response.

I will also post on here the outcome as I'm sure there will be others like me who receive this e-mail in future and be extremely anxious to know what it means

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:38 pm

gareth79_cardiff wrote:I will also post on here the outcome as I'm sure there will be others like me who receive this e-mail in future and be extremely anxious to know what it means
Perhaps indeed there are others who think your visa has been issued is an ambiguous statement!

gareth79_cardiff

Post by gareth79_cardiff » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:45 pm

Lucapooka wrote:
gareth79_cardiff wrote:I will also post on here the outcome as I'm sure there will be others like me who receive this e-mail in future and be extremely anxious to know what it means
Perhaps indeed there are others who think your visa has been issued is an ambiguous statement!
It is the word 'application' that makes it ambiguous. This word alone implies the possibility that it merely means that the visa application has been processed. I'm sure there will be many people like me that have had a previous visa application rejected when they were certain that there was no reason for this to happen. This makes you extremely anxious and paranoid with future applications

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:49 pm

gareth79_cardiff wrote:
It is the word 'application' that makes it ambiguous.
Why? It was, after all, an application rather than a game of tennis or anything else. Your visa application has been issued. You applied for a visa and it has been issued. Frankly, I'm amazed that you are having difficulty but that's not stopping me trying to resolve your doubts.

gareth79_cardiff

Post by gareth79_cardiff » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:54 pm

Lucapooka wrote:
gareth79_cardiff wrote:
It is the word 'application' that makes it ambiguous.
Why? It was, after all, an application rather than a game of tennis or anything else. Your visa application has been issued. You applied for a visa and it has been issued. Frankly, I'm amazed that you are having difficulty but that's not stopping me trying to resolve your doubts.
My mental frame of mind is not in a healthy state is all I can say in my defense. For a long time I have been depressed, stressed, anxious, pessimistic and paranoid due to this as my wife and baby son are my life.

My sincere thanks to you for trying to resolve my doubts though, genuinely appreciated

M999

gareth79_cardiff

Post by M999 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:13 pm

Hi gareth79_cardiff. Congratulations on your successful visa application. :o

I also made my application for spouse visa in Rio. Could you please post your timeline?

Believe Lucapooka as he understands well these matters in Rio.

gareth79_cardiff

Re: gareth79_cardiff

Post by gareth79_cardiff » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:34 pm

M999 wrote:Hi gareth79_cardiff. Congratulations on your successful visa application. :o

I also made my application for spouse visa in Rio. Could you please post your timeline?

Believe Lucapooka as he understands well these matters in Rio.
Ok this is the timeline for this application:

We applied on the 5/05/12, and my wife had an appointment there when she submitted her biometric data and gave the evidence a few days after this

On the 05/06/12 my wife received an e-mail saying that they had started processing it.

On the 12/06/12 my wife received an e-mail saying that 'Your Visa Application at Rio de Janeiro Has been issued. Your documents will be dispatched the following working day'

Today we received an e-mail saying that her passport had arrived for collection in Lima.

I wish you all the luck in the world, I hope that you are successful in your application

M999

Post by M999 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:52 pm

gareth79_cardiff I saw yours previously posts.

Have applied again or you appealed?

Another thing is I can see it took exactly one month to actually get an email confirming that process of your application had started. But then was pretty quick to get the confirmation.

The email you got on 05/06/12 was something like this?

GW**** (application number)
(Ride number)

Dear Applicant

Your settlement application has arrived safely at the Rio de Janeiro office and is currently being processed. Your unique post "RIDE" number is quoted at the top of this e-mail. Please quote this number whenever contacting us. Please note UKBA service standards for settlement applications are: to complete 95% of settlement applications in not more than 12 weeks and 100% in 24 weeks counting from the date you provided your biometric details.

You will receive another e-mail with further information about your application in due course. Please note that we are unable to answer status enquiries unless we have exceeded the initial estimated processing time.

Regards

Rio de Janeiro Visa Team.
United Kingdom Border Agency

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:08 pm

M999 wrote: it took exactly one month to actually get an email confirming that process of your application had started. But then was pretty quick to get the confirmation.
If everything is straightforward with no referral to agencies in the UK, when the ECO looks at the application, the decision happens à mesma hora . The ECO has around 45 minutes to make a decision. It's the wait time to get in front of the ECO that takes up the time.

Historically, applications to Rio have been in and out in a matter of days. Last year, there was an expansion of the mission and it became the Entry Clearance Hub for all of South America (meaning all adjacent countries had their visas processed in Rio also). This has, to some extent, lengthened the wait time for visa emissions but not drastically and it's still one of the fastest turnaround times that I am aware of.
Last edited by Lucapooka on Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gareth79_cardiff

Post by gareth79_cardiff » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:17 pm

M999 wrote:gareth79_cardiff I saw yours previously posts.

Have applied again or you appealed?

Another thing is I can see it took exactly one month to actually get an email confirming that process of your application had started. But then was pretty quick to get the confirmation.

The email you got on 05/06/12 was something like this?

GW**** (application number)
(Ride number)

Dear Applicant

Your settlement application has arrived safely at the Rio de Janeiro office and is currently being processed. Your unique post "RIDE" number is quoted at the top of this e-mail. Please quote this number whenever contacting us. Please note UKBA service standards for settlement applications are: to complete 95% of settlement applications in not more than 12 weeks and 100% in 24 weeks counting from the date you provided your biometric details.

You will receive another e-mail with further information about your application in due course. Please note that we are unable to answer status enquiries unless we have exceeded the initial estimated processing time.

Regards

That is exactly the same e-mail we received.

We have applied before and I was so confident that we would get a yes that I flew out to bring my wife and son home with me

This is the timeline for everything in relation to this:

December 2008: My wife and I met in her travel agency in Lima, Peru where she was working as a clerk in whilst I was on vacation there.

2008 - 2010 regular visits to Lima to see my wife (then girlfriend)

September 2010 - I took a 1 year career break and moved to Peru

February 2011: My wife and I get married. Shortly after this my wife got pregnant. She was told she was unable to have kids due to a previous operation on her ovaries, so this was a miracle. We decided we would apply to move to the UK immediately so that we could start a life for ourselves here as a family.

March 2011 My wife takes the required English language test.

Several months after (approx August) we find my wife passed the test and applied for a settlement visa for my wife, but we were told our visa application could not be submitted due to the fact that we only had a copy of the English language test pass certificate (which was available to print online).

Late August 2011: Our only remaining option (due to my 1 year career break contract) therefore was to apply for a tourist visa for my wife as I had to return to work and did not want to be seperated from my wife and miss the birth of my first (and maybe only) child

September 2011: Tourist visa is approved

We live here in the UK for 6 months and my son is born here.

Late February 2012: We applied online for a settlement visa and my wife flies back there with our son.

Late March 2012: I fly out there. Shortly after this we received a Notice of Decision document which was a Refusal of Entry Clearance on the basis that she and I are not capable of repaying an NHS debt without access to public funds, and therefore are not able to maintain ourselves and any dependants adequately without recourse to public funds. At the time we were paying this debt off in instalments with the full agreement of the NHS, and if required could have paid off the entire balance of the debt, something we have since done.

Early April 2012: Appeal lodged

May 2012: New application submitted.

In hindsight I would have come to boards like this, and sought legal advice immediately, and would advise anyone to do this. I hope tomorrow will be the happy ending to a traumatic experience in relation to this stretching back to March 2011

gareth79_cardiff

Post by gareth79_cardiff » Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:34 am

As promised above, just returning to let anyone in a similar position to mine in future who may stumble across this thread, know that we were successful in our application. My wife and son flew back Thursday night and we picked them up from Heathrow on Friday.

Thanks again to Lucapooka for the spot on information previously in the thread, much appreciated

mari-e
Newly Registered

Post by mari-e » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:41 pm

Hi Gareth, i cannot tell you how relieved you have made us, we have the exact same emails from Rio, and can pick up the passport at the Lima embassy tomorrow, still won't believe my fiance has the visa until we have it in hand, but thank you for relieving me as much as is possible! The word "application" had us worried too!!

harryd1982
Newly Registered

Post by harryd1982 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:47 pm

I also just recieved this 'has been issued' email, and i was unsure, Well i emailed Worldbridge and their reply was

"Dear Applicant,

Thank you for contacting WorldBridge Service, The UK Border Agency's Commercial Partner. We appreciate your patience regarding the response to your enquiry as WorldBridge strives to provide the most accurate responses to all enquiries. Below you will find the response to that enquiry.

No, the e-mail just informs you that your visa application has been processed. It does not confirm if a visa has been granted.

e,

mari-e
Newly Registered

Post by mari-e » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:52 pm

My fiance picked up his passport from the uk embassy in Lima today - with a brand spanking new wonderful fiance visa inside! :D I am so happy I could be sick, didn't dare believe it until we had it in hand! :D :D :D Have faith Harry, looks like the "has been issued" email is a good one!!

harryd1982
Newly Registered

Post by harryd1982 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:11 pm

hello, was the visa stamped inside?
My fiance just picked up her passport nothing inside and no explanation of anything?no letter nothing

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:37 pm

That's obviously an error if you were told by email that the visa had been issued. The visa should be inside the passport. Even if the visa had been refused, you would have been given a letter with the passport explaining the refusal and her rights of appeal, so something is very wrong.

Email the ECM at Rio.

E-mail: VisaComplaints.RIO@fco.gov.uk

harryd1982
Newly Registered

Post by harryd1982 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:39 pm

somethings wrong.......my fiance's sense of humour!! cruel cruel joke!

We have the visa and we are so happy, thankyou so much for your advice and quick responses, we can rest easy now!!

Thanks again to everyone

desiego
Newly Registered

Visa application

Post by desiego » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:11 pm

Hey guys,

I've read all your posts and it helped me a lot because I am still waiting for receiving my documents back from Rio. I was concerned as well when I saw the wording "your visa application has been issued", so you helped me a lot! I just hope that this mail has the same good results for all kinds of visas since I applied for a Tier 4 (General) Student Visa.

I'm quite concerned because my Masters start next week on Monday 17th and I received the "your visa application has been issued - mail" on Tuesday and I do already have a flight ticket for Saturday.

So my questions are: how long does it usually take to receive the documents back from Rio? (is it with FedEx?), in case that the Uk Embassy in Lima does not send me an email tomorrow (Friday) to pick up the documents, should I call the embassy?

Thank you guys for your support!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Diego

kimpossible
Newly Registered

Help

Post by kimpossible » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:39 pm

Hi my and husband who is from Lima, peru, applied for a spouse visa. we received the email as stated below. It has now been 7 weeks and we have not had any news, is this usual, as its been so long? any advice would be much appreciated, its not knowing what is going on that is driving me crazy thank you

Dear Applicant

Your settlement application has arrived safely at the Rio de Janeiro office
and is currently being processed. Your unique post "RIDE" number is quoted
at the top of this e-mail. Please quote this number whenever contacting us. Please note UKBA service standards for settlement applications are: to
complete 95% of settlement applications in not more than 12 weeks and 100% in 24 weeks counting from the date you provided your biometric details.

You will receive another e-mail with further information about your
application in due course. Please note that we are unable to answer status
enquiries unless we have exceeded the initial estimated processing time.

Regards