ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR eligibility Query

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pariknarain
Newly Registered

ILR eligibility Query

Post by pariknarain » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:42 am

Hi

I am currently in UK under Tier 1(General) visa. I have seen on the website that the rules for ILR have changed from this year.
Based on my Tier 1 issue dates etc. (refer below) .Would anyone be able to confirm whether I am eligible for ILR or I have to apply for another extension?

HSMP Visa issue date: 17 March 2008
1st Date of entry in the UK: 19 April 2008
Tier 1 Visa (extension) : 18 March 2010
Tier 1 Visa Expiry : 18 March 2013

I have not spent more than 90 days at a stretch outside UK or more than 6 months during the whole duration of my stay till now.

Any feedback appreciated!

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:39 am

You are eligible to apply if you get the required points for earnings as you have already said you have been continuously based in the uk for 5 years.

As you entered uk within 90 days of receipt on the visa you can apply 28 days before the expiry of your tier1 visa.

Hence you can apply after 18th or 19th feb.
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

ehenschel
Newly Registered

Post by ehenschel » Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:59 pm

Hi,

I've got a query related to pariknarain's original query. I'm in a similar situation:
HSMP Visa issue date: 4 January 2008
1st Date of entry in the UK: 29 January 2008
Tier 1 Visa extension Expires : 04 January 2013

As I understand it, I can apply for ILR 28 days prior to 4 January 2013. What I am not clear about is what date to use in section 6.1 on the Set O form. This section asks what date I first entered the UK. Should I be using the HSMP Visa issue date (4 Jan 2008) or the date I actually arrived (29 Jan 2008)? I think I should be using the Visa issue date but just want to confirm.

Any thoughts/guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks,
E

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:55 pm

ehenschel wrote:
What I am not clear about is what date to use in section 6.1 on the Set O form. This section asks what date I first entered the UK.
1st Date of entry in the UK: 29 January 2008

pariknarain
Newly Registered

Thanks.

Post by pariknarain » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:27 pm

Thanks for the advise.Its been helpful.
On the dat of application, I managed to get a PEO appointment for 18th Feb 2013.Can I apply on that day? it will be the 28th Day before my visa expires on 18th March 2013.

Also,does anyone know if there is an ILR document checking service similar to NCS to check documents beforehand?