ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My wife just had the following e-mail

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:05 pm

Has your partner been in the UK previously and under what conditions?

kimpossible
Newly Registered

Help

Post by kimpossible » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:23 pm

No my husband has never been to the UK, we both worked on the cruise ships for many years, we stopped in Dover but had our american working visas as we worked for a US company. Dont think this really counts

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:09 pm

I think 7 weeks is a long time to wait for an application in this region, where the applicant has not been in the UK and overstayed or has some negative aspects to a UK immigration record. People who have a bad UK immigration record can be expected to wait long periods. I can't really speculate on what enquiries might be delaying the emission of this visa. It could be anything.

kimpossible
Newly Registered

Thank you

Post by kimpossible » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:16 pm

Now im reading other stories, it does seem long, he has never been in the UK or applied for anything for the UK. Thank you for your advice though I will keep everyone posted of hows it going and maybe it might help other people too

frank™
Newly Registered

Visa has been issued

Post by frank™ » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:33 am

We too have received this email however it is 'Your visa has been issued' without The use of The word Application. Fingers crossed!

I have noticed a few on This forum post are applications from Peru. I would like to know how you flew from Peru to the UK since there are no direct flights I believe. We have applied for the Family Permit visa and I would like to know if a transit visa is also required to travel via Spain to the UK?

Many thanks

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:47 am

Hi Frank - no - a Peruvian doesn't require a transit visa providing they don't leave the airport.

frank™
Newly Registered

Post by frank™ » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:57 am

Thanks for the quick reply! That is good news although I assume it is different if we leave the airport? If needs be we can camp in there but will depend on the the flight schedules. I know that this is veering a little off topic but with a UK Family Permit is a visa holder entitled to visit other European countries with the sponsor and therefore able to stop off overnight at a hotel in Spain?

Many thanks thanks in advance

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:57 pm

If the holder is on a family permit (which is issued under EU rules) they are allowed to enter Spain.

If the holder is on a spouse visa (which is issued under British rules) they require a visa to enter.

However, the visa to enter should be free of charge and easy to obtain.

M.

kvsmendes
Newly Registered

PLEASE, I NEED HELP

Post by kvsmendes » Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:27 am

Hi,

I´ve applyed for my visa on 14th February. On 21th February I received an email from Rio de Janeiro saying they started to process it. It is passed 2 weeks after this email and nothing. We had the carnival hollyday on 3,4 and 5. Even so, I read in this forum that usually after they started to process the visa it doesnt take more than a week if documents are ok. Please, can someone advise me? Do you think that this is happening maybe because they are not satisfy with my documents? If this is the case, do they get in touch if something is missing? I´m waiting for them to call me since 21/02, but nothing. I´ve applyed as dependent relative of my sister. They didnt call her either.

Thanks,
Karla

gemhall85
Newly Registered

Re: My wife just had the following e-mail

Post by gemhall85 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:16 pm

Hello,

Can someone please give me the correct answer. If you are a peruvian flying to UK belfast and wish to fly from lima via amsterdam to belfast do you need a transit visa? Have recently been issued tourist visa for uk and wish to take holiday in may 2014? Some sites say yes you need visa and others say no! Need advise from the experts. Thank you in advance