ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cohabitation documents for ILR using Set(O)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ranchers
Mood:
United Kingdom

Cohabitation documents for ILR using Set(O)

Post by ranchers » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:04 pm

Hi,
Can anyone please help me regaring my query.

I am gping to apply for ILR using PEO service at Glasgow. My wife is appying with me as a dependant. can anyone tell me what sort of documents i should take..I have only got documents on our names

1- Council Tax
2- Tenanncy Agreement

Will that be sufficient as they havent mentioned that how many documents they want us to attach ?

I will be gratefull if anyone plese answer

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:37 pm

Try to provide as many docs as possible on the same address of your Mrs for the past 2 years. But it is one of the requirements (based on my experience/knowledge) which home office is not very strict about.

If you have only two above stated documents then I think still you should be alright. Please supply c.tax documents spread over the past 2 years as council keeps sending standard letter every now and then. And you get lots of letter if you fall behind your payment plan.

crowbar6
Member of Standing

Post by crowbar6 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:33 pm

Add any other document that is addressed to her with your home address on it. For example, a bank statement, electoral poll cards or NHS cards sent just to her. Not all the communication has to be addressed to both to prove cohabitation.
Regards,
crowbar6

euphoria1947
Mood:
India

Post by euphoria1947 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:32 pm

Hi,
There is confusion b/w number of proofs to show for dependent making application under SET(M) or SET(O).
If dependent is applying with you(i.e SET(O)) then you have to show at least one proof showing two years, more than one proof would be good but not necessary. Members here may defer but I don't agree with them. I might have missed or misread rules but as you said it is no where mentioned in the rules for dependent applying under SET(O) application. Letter from GP would do for that matter as an extra proof.
For SET(M) dependent application you need to show 6 proofs of co-habitation as mentioned.

Let us know once you are done and what they expected when you gave them single proof..

cheers

ranchers
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ranchers » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:59 pm

Hi All,

Thanks for your replies.. I have tried to gather some documents on her name. my apointment is on friday so lets hope for the best.. I will let you know about my experience.

Thanks again for your help..

Cheers

Kaym

Post by Kaym » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:19 am

Hi Ranchers, Do you have any update on what finally happened as far as Cohab Docs are concerned ?

Kaym

Post by Kaym » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:01 am

I am eligible for ILR in Jan 2013. I came to UK on WP in Jan 2008 and then Jan 2010, I was on T2 ICT. I have all documents in place for me.

However, I am struggling to have Cohab documents for my wife, who is with me since Sep 2010.

My queries

1. In case I apply along with my wife, but the application for wife is rejected, then will that be rejected for me too ? I mean either both get or both gets rejected ?
2. In case, it is rejected, can I apply again for myself alone ?
3. Will it have any impact on my existing LTR, which is valid until Jan 2014.

Thanks

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:40 am

Kaym wrote: In case I apply along with my wife, but the application for wife is rejected, then will that be rejected for me too ? I mean either both get or both gets rejected ?
Set O application form use only by main applicants and cohabitation document is one of basic criteria that have to be filled (Only If main applicant add spouse/ partner on his/her SET O form ie apply same time).

You can ask letter from your GP, Council and request previous utility bills from your energy supplier.

Kaym

Post by Kaym » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:05 pm

Well, I got the ILR for me and my wife.

My wife was not interviewed and no cohab docs were asked ( though I had taken docs such as GP visits, Electoral register registration, Council Tax ...)
Cheers

salmanzz

Post by salmanzz » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:49 pm

quik question.. for all this Cohab Documents how early i should get it.. Is there a requirement that any documents we provide must not be older than a month?

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:39 pm

Kaym wrote:Well, I got the ILR for me and my wife.

My wife was not interviewed and no cohab docs were asked ( though I had taken docs such as GP visits, Electoral register registration, Council Tax ...)
Cheers
At Inperson appointment some times may not ask for cohab documents. They did not asked cohab documents from me at time of my appointment. However Cohab documents are mandatory for Set O under Section 11A. So it is wise to be prepared with all documents.

@ salmanzz: Council tax, Water bill generated beginning of the year and they are classed as good cohab documents. Also a written letter from your GP which you can collect before your appointment or posting. Driving licence, utility bills, medical corresponding letters can be used as chab documents. Hope this will help.