ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

non EU wife visting UK with me from Ireland

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

st pauli

non EU wife visting UK with me from Ireland

Post by st pauli » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:32 am

Me and my wife will be living in Ireland from July 2013, will she be able to visit the UK with me with just an Irish Stamp 4 in her passport at xmas time (she won't even have an Irish 4EUFam card at this point), or will UKBA insist that she gets a tourist visa? I'm talking about her travelling WITH me -a British citizen - and we'd travel by ferry if it makes it easier.

jotter
Member of Standing

Post by jotter » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:24 pm

I don't think 'EEA-route Applications' covers this topic. Might be better if you post this to either the 'Europe immigration forum' or 'Ireland' forum.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:49 pm

This is the perfect place to discuss this.

Once you move to Ireland and you (EU citizen) starts working, then your entry into the UK is covered by EU law.

You have threw options:
(1) You can apply for an EEA Family Permit. This provides proof that your wife can work, and is expecially good if you want easy relaxed entry into the UK, since it is predocumented that you can enter
(2) You can also go into the UK without a visa: http://eumovement.wordpress.com/2010/08 ... to-travel/ (though you must carry proof that you have been working in Ireland).
and
(3) You can enter because your wife has valid permission to be in Ireland (because of the CTA)