ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:49 pm

If I were you, I'd have archived my tickets from the respective airlines or a letter confirming my journey both wards. This is easier said than done but at least making an attempt could be worth. As of now this is what I can think of. However, If anything springs up my mind I shall let you know.
Last edited by Damanisshallo on Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

Rensal

Missing stamps

Post by Rensal » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:50 pm

Thanks D

sahir1001
Newly Registered

Post by sahir1001 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:21 pm

hi all,
Applied set (O) :9/8/12
Acknowledgement letter: 22/08/12
Bio letter received 07/11/12
Bio done 08/11/12
now waiting
Can someone put my timeline on sky dive please...........

Ged

Post by Ged » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:25 pm

@sahir1001, you are now included in the sky-drive. Please keep us updated about your progress.

Zim1

Time line

Post by Zim1 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:34 pm

Can anyone with administrative rights update my timeline please?

Applied: 27/09/2012
Acknowledgement letter: 01/10/2012
Biometrics letter received: 07/12/12 (dated 04/12/12)
Biometrics taken: 08/12/12
Everything else: Waiting.....

Zim1

sahir1001
Newly Registered

Post by sahir1001 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:37 pm

Ged wrote:@sahir1001, you are now included in the sky-drive. Please keep us updated about your progress.
@Ged.. thank you. I will let all know.

zeezee0

Post by zeezee0 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:23 am

I really wish an undercover documentary is done at a UKBA office to see how they work!

Applied 25/5/12 & still waiting...28 weeks....

TheDefib
Newly Registered

discretionary decisions

Post by TheDefib » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:03 am

I wonder if one has an idea of the use of discretion by UKBA case workers with regards to number of days of staying without a visa in the UK. I know the guidelines allow for 10 days, but do they apply discretion regularly.

mikecalg
Newly Registered

Post by mikecalg » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:48 pm

Dear All,
Thank you for this informative forum. I am applying for an indefinite leave to remain under the 10 year long residence route.

However, I am a little confused with regards to the Section 9 and the documents required. I would be grateful if someone could help me please.

1. Do we need to fill in section 9 and section 5 of the SET (O) form? On the form it says we are not required but is it better to fill it in?

2. Please may I know what documents have people been providing for the application? Will 12 months of bank statements and payslips be sufficient?

My immigration history is as follows:
August 2002-2007 - Student visa (5 years)
2007-2008 - Further leave to remain FLR (O) (1 year)
2008 to now - Tier 1 General (4 years)

Based on the UKBA Long residence and private life guidance, I assume that if i am successful, I would be granted ILR with the type of visa being Tier 1 General?

I would be grateful for some advice please as I am so confused by all of this.

Many thanks.

Spidery_thread
Member of Standing

ILR-Docs

Post by Spidery_thread » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:42 pm

Dear Mikecalg,

You don't have to fill out section 5(as the SET(O) application form states, You are not required to complete this section if you are applying in the ex-HM Forces, long residence in the UK or bereaved partner categories).

Also section 9 does not apply to you if you are applying under 10 year long residency basis(so no need to fill that either).

In case of 10year Long Residence Application, only 3 documents are required:

1) Fully completed application form SET(O) Version 07/12.(double check on the day you are applying if its still the same version on UKBA website).

2) All passports(expired and current, which you have held in last 10 years)

3) Life in the UK Test pass certificate.

Best to pay with debt/credit card as it cuts down 5 working days from application processing time as compared to paying by cheque).

I did the same as above.

When are you completing 5 years on your Tier 1 visa?

Cheers...:)
Information provided is general guidance and does not constitute legal advice.

aksi

Re: ILR-Docs

Post by aksi » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:24 pm

Spidery_thread wrote:Dear Mikecalg,

You don't have to fill out section 5(as the SET(O) application form states, You are not required to complete this section if you are applying in the ex-HM Forces, long residence in the UK or bereaved partner categories).

Also section 9 does not apply to you if you are applying under 10 year long residency basis(so no need to fill that either).

1) Fully completed application form SET(O) Version 07/12.(double check on the day you are applying if its still the same version on UKBA website).

Best to pay with debt/credit card as it cuts down 5 working days from application processing time as compared to paying by cheque).

I did the same as above.

Hi Spidery,
I applied in August and still waiting for biometrics. I filled the section 5 and attached documents for my house, pay slips, P60, employer letter and bank statements besides my passports and all available air tickets.

I and my MP unsuccessfully requested them to fast process my case.

Do you think filling section 5 and providing additional documents is ending up delaying my application? Is there a way out?

Please help.

Thanks

mikecalg
Newly Registered

Re: ILR-Docs

Post by mikecalg » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:33 pm

Spidery_thread wrote:Dear Mikecalg,

I did the same as above.

Hi Spidery thread,

Many thanks for your reply and clarification. I do as you advised.

I actually complete 5 years of Tier 1 in Dec 2013 but thought I apply for the 10 long residence route now as I think I fulfil the criteria. I didn't want to waste any time.

Cheers!
:D

Spidery_thread
Member of Standing

Section 5(10y)ILR

Post by Spidery_thread » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:27 pm

Dear Aksi,

Filling in section 5 doesn't harm or delay your application, it just shows that you have not filled the form with due care and did not read the guidance notes and application form questions/notes.

Again additional documents were unnecessary to send if you have provided them with all passports(as per section 11S of SET(O) version 07/12).

You should have waited 6 months before sending out letter to expedite your application, specially MP's letter. And you should have exceptional reason to expedite your application.(currently 65% requests to expedite SET(O) are acknowledged).

Hope this post helps you.

Best of luck, approach UKBA again in Feb 2013.

sahir1001
Newly Registered

Post by sahir1001 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:21 pm

Just curious.. are there any refusal issues after biometrics :?:

countrygirl
Newly Registered

ILR HELP?

Post by countrygirl » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:06 am

Hi all
(I know its not the right forum to post my query but I didn't get a single reply to my post in the relevant forum, so I had to seek your help.
Hope some one will will reply to my query)

I came to the UK in June 2008 as dependant of my Husband

Visa: Student dependant for 7 months

1st extension: Dependent PSW for 2 years

2nd Extension: Tier 1 (General) dependant for 2 years)

My husband got his ILR on 10 year basis recently.

I lived in this country for more than 4 ½ years now

My Teir 1 (general) dependant visa is expiring soon.

So my question is that what type of visa shall I apply for?

Shall I apply on FLR(M) form Or

Can I apply now for my ILR straight away? As I have seen in this forum

somewhere that I don’t need to apply on FLR (m) as I have already

spent 2 years qualification period as a dependent of a PBS migrant. Is it correct?

please answer

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:44 am

Possibly ILR...my piece of advice is to book a PEO appointment for hassle free processing....I repeat, it is worth...
To qualify for indefinite leave to remain in one of the categories for which you must use form SET(M), you must satisfy the requirements set out in Part 8 of the Immigration Rules, which are on our website.
One of the requirements is that you have to com- plete 2 years’ leave to enter or remain as the part- ner of the person named in your application. That period runs from
- the date on which you entered the UK with a visa in the relevant category; or, if you did not enter the UK with such a visa, from
- the date on which you were first granted leave to remain in the UK
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

let_koko

UPDATE

Post by let_koko » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:31 am

Hello guys, do we still have these people in this forum ? if yes, could you guys update us on what is happening in regards to your application and what steps have you lots taken, as it is over the stipulated time by the HO. Thanks

Raj
tinaysf
anjum.zahra
locomore
OttoMattik
ONE-DAY
Yasy
FTW
star17
frog
lfc4ever
sahilkhan1
ASIF
Khall75
Yulichka

Spidery_thread
Member of Standing

Refusal after Biometrics.

Post by Spidery_thread » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:20 am

Dear Sahir1001,

I haven't come across any refusals after biometrics, in SET(O) 10y category.

If the applicant meets the requirement of Section 276B of Immigration rules, there will be no refusal.

What made you think of refusal?

Good Luck...:)

Spidery_thread
Member of Standing

FLR(M)

Post by Spidery_thread » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:44 am

Dear Countrygirl,

As your husband is no longer under points based system, you'll have to apply for FLR(M).

You must apply asap(as long as you meet the immigration requirements), due to your husbands visa category has changed now(technically you are not PBS Dependant any more).

It doesn't matter if you have spent 4 1/2 years in the U.K as dependant of your husband. Your husband didn't stay long enough on T1G(5 years) to include you in his application for SET.

Go for the premium service as its worth paying the extra cost.

Good Luck.

Khall75

Post by Khall75 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:35 am

@let_koko I'm still waiting after 7 months tomorrow. Applied on 11 may 12. Don't knw what the HO is doing? If I don't get it by this week then it's not going to be in 2012 but at some point in 2013. Shame on HO who claim to sort out 95% cases in six months

smshad

Re: ILR HELP?

Post by smshad » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:46 am

Hi,
I have applied for ILR under 10yrs and my wife will be facing same problem, she has spent almost 3 yrs as Tier 1 dependant and her previous stay will not be acounted to get ILR. I already knew this from my friends experience but still called UKBA to satisfy myself.

I called UKBA and they said if main appplicant gets ILR in any category before the spouse, then spouse has to apply 2 years visa as a depndant of settled person on FLR(M) and after 2 years apply for ILR.
You will also have to meet English language and financial requirments as well.

And if you have a child born in the UK then you can get registered your child as a British citizen on form MN1 and dont have to apply for a visa for child as your husband has got ILR.

Hope this help.
Shad.

countrygirl wrote:Hi all
(I know its not the right forum to post my query but I didn't get a single reply to my post in the relevant forum, so I had to seek your help.
Hope some one will will reply to my query)

I came to the UK in June 2008 as dependant of my Husband

Visa: Student dependant for 7 months

1st extension: Dependent PSW for 2 years

2nd Extension: Tier 1 (General) dependant for 2 years)

My husband got his ILR on 10 year basis recently.

I lived in this country for more than 4 ½ years now

My Teir 1 (general) dependant visa is expiring soon.

So my question is that what type of visa shall I apply for?

Shall I apply on FLR(M) form Or

Can I apply now for my ILR straight away? As I have seen in this forum

somewhere that I don’t need to apply on FLR (m) as I have already

spent 2 years qualification period as a dependent of a PBS migrant. Is it correct?

please answer

Spidery_thread
Member of Standing

5 Years on FLR(M)

Post by Spidery_thread » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:43 am

Dear Smshad,

Please be advised spouse category on FLR(M) is extended to 5 years since 09/07/2012.

Unfortunately it is a 5 year wait now for the spouse to qualify for ILR.

verylongwait
Newly Registered

Biometric letter

Post by verylongwait » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:56 am

Do we need to sign for the Bio invitation letter or will it be just a normal post? I applied for 10 yr ILR in September and still waiting for the bio letter!

I can see on the skydrive that most people applied in September have got the letters, its very frustrating!

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:56 am

I thought thats only for people who are applying as spouse (for the first time) after 9th July. Check here
Skydrives, Templates

natisanga

Post by natisanga » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:07 pm

You get your bio letter through normal post ( not signing or anything).