ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student Visa Refusal - how to appeal successfully

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Irishman30
Newly Registered

Student Visa Refusal - how to appeal successfully

Post by Irishman30 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:23 pm

Hi all,

My girlfriend of 5 months is from Peru.
She applied for a Student visa and submitted it mid October 2012. Last week we got the bad news it was refused on 3 areas.

1) Finances
2) Obligation to return back to Peru
3) Observe conditions of the visa.

I am my girlfriend's sponsor. I am lucky to work in a permanent well paid job and have been working there for the last 6 years. I included all my current bank statements of 6 months, payslips of 6 months and even saving accounts and a credit card with a high credit limit.
Still they said finances were deemed insufficient or incomplete.

Obligation to return to Peru - we I acknowledge that we didn't include anything on this area. Still there I was not aware of this requirement - nothing mentioned on the INIS website. So rather than me going off on a rant about how a frustrating process this is, I will stay focused.
Could people please let me know what could I include here for a successful appeal?

Observe conditions of the visa - I'm a bit of lost at this one. I have contacted the visa office by email (still waiting on a reply) and have asked what they mean by this?
Again if anyone has any experience on this I would welcome your help here.

As an Irish citizen I never realised how difficult it could be for a non-EEA citizen to gain access to Ireland.
Still I will persevere and hope to get my girlfriend to Ireland.

Thanking your replies in advance.
Irishman30

Nokia777

Re: Student Visa Refusal - how to appeal successfully

Post by Nokia777 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:39 am

Irishman30 wrote:Hi all,

My girlfriend of 5 months is from Peru.
She applied for a Student visa and submitted it mid October 2012. Last week we got the bad news it was refused on 3 areas.

1) Finances
2) Obligation to return back to Peru
3) Observe conditions of the visa.

I am my girlfriend's sponsor. I am lucky to work in a permanent well paid job and have been working there for the last 6 years. I included all my current bank statements of 6 months, payslips of 6 months and even saving accounts and a credit card with a high credit limit.
Still they said finances were deemed insufficient or incomplete.

Obligation to return to Peru - we I acknowledge that we didn't include anything on this area. Still there I was not aware of this requirement - nothing mentioned on the INIS website. So rather than me going off on a rant about how a frustrating process this is, I will stay focused.
Could people please let me know what could I include here for a successful appeal?

Observe conditions of the visa - I'm a bit of lost at this one. I have contacted the visa office by email (still waiting on a reply) and have asked what they mean by this?
Again if anyone has any experience on this I would welcome your help here.

As an Irish citizen I never realised how difficult it could be for a non-EEA citizen to gain access to Ireland.
Still I will persevere and hope to get my girlfriend to Ireland.

Thanking your replies in advance.
Irishman30
why not to get marry and bring her over here with easy steps.

Irishman30
Newly Registered

Post by Irishman30 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:51 am

Yes I am beginning to think this is the fastest way to get her over here. Will go ahead with the appeal of the student visa refusal. Was talking to the Visa Office in Dublin by phone yesterday. To be honest the person I dealt was quite helpful. They went through each of the refusals. Finance issue is to do with her. So my finances are ok. She hadn't included any family ties in the application so this was an issue here. Obligation to return home was a concern and was not proven.

Am traveling over there soon.
Will go ahead with the appeal and see what happens.
De Facto relationship would need two years and we are no where near that. I don't think I could wait that long with all traveling back and forth to Peru and having a relationship via Skype and Whatsapp.

So we will discuss the option of marriage. Not exactly an ideal way to do it but I guess when you love someone you will do all to be with them.