ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW to Tier 2 (General)- URGENT

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

khurana.priyanka
Newly Registered

PSW to Tier 2 (General)- URGENT

Post by khurana.priyanka » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:44 am

Hi,

I am currently on PSW which is expiring on 22 December 2012. My company applied for a sponsorship license on 05 October 2012 and due to the massive lag in application processing, we have not yet received license. We emailed them on Monday 03 December requesting to consider our application URGENT. Yesterday, 04 December we received the following email:

Thank you for your email.

Your request has been passed to the appropriate team for consideration.

These are the only circumstances that we will consider dealing with your request as a priority:
• A migrant currently employed by the prospective sponsor or switching to the prospective sponsor, who has valid leave expiring in 15 working days (or has an urgent need to change their leave status within 15 working days). Ideally provide evidence of expiry of leave in your e mail. For example a scanned copy of the relevant vignette / Biometric Residence Permit.
• Applications more than 4 weeks old which have a Resident Labour Market Test expiring in the next 6 weeks.
• Applications more than 4 weeks old where there is an urgent business need for a licence within the next 15 working days, for which justification must be provided. Such requests will be considered on a case by case basis.

If urgent treatment is given to your request you will be notified directly.

By reading a lot of post on this forum, I have decided to send my application next week by post where in my employer will add a cover letter explaining the scenario.

I would appreciate if someone can recommend or provide any guidance.

i_am_also_victim
Newly Registered

Post by i_am_also_victim » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:27 pm

I am exactly at the same situation as yours, just the difference is my VISA expiring on 15th December, we have also ask for urgent treatment on 3rd December.

Let's hope for the best!

khurana.priyanka
Newly Registered

Post by khurana.priyanka » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:13 pm

Thanks!!My HR person called up 03001234699 to check the status and UKBA said yes, they can see in their system that they have started working on the application. They also mentioned that we will be informed by email.

It might be a good idea to call them up to check if there has been some progress with application. Also, the lady on the phone said, that I should apply for my visa with cover letter describing the whole situation and request them to hold the application.

I hope this helps. Keep me posted and I will update as well. Good luck..

i_am_also_victim
Newly Registered

Post by i_am_also_victim » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:18 pm

Sure Thanks. will do!

khurana.priyanka
Newly Registered

Post by khurana.priyanka » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:51 pm

Hi, Are you aware what is the criteria with NQF Level 6?

If you are switching from PSW to Tier 2, do you have to prove that you are for a job which is equal to NQL 6 or above?

i_am_also_victim
Newly Registered

Post by i_am_also_victim » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:25 pm

No Idea about it Priyanka, As I work as Software Engineer and one of my friend has same position and applied for Tier 2 switching from PSW in last april. He got his visa in july. So I am sure my position would be fine for this visa category.

What position are you working on?

Jeeves

Post by Jeeves » Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:41 pm

khurana.priyanka wrote:
If you are switching from PSW to Tier 2, do you have to prove that you are for a job which is equal to NQL 6 or above?
Yes. If the job is below NQF6 you will be refused.

Also, as I mention this in another thread, UKBA are now advising that where a licence has been applied for it is OK to send the LTR application without a certificate of sponsorship - the employer should include a letter with details of when the licence was applied for, reference number etc.

Sinha12
Newly Registered

Post by Sinha12 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:17 pm

I am in similar situation and using www.contractors4u.com
Please guide.

khurana.priyanka
Newly Registered

Post by khurana.priyanka » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:33 pm

Hi Jeeves. My employer is drafting a letter for UKBA where in they are also writing my job description and how important my role is for the company.

I am also sending my pay slips and employment contract along with my application.

Do you think there is more evidence require for proving NQF Level 6

khurana.priyanka
Newly Registered

Post by khurana.priyanka » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:41 pm

Thanks!!!

i_am_also_victim
Newly Registered

Post by i_am_also_victim » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:44 pm

Hi, We just got confirmation today that we have assigned sponsorship licence. just to let you know!

we ask for urgent request on 3rd of december!

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:11 pm

Sinha12 wrote:I am in similar situation and using www.contractors4u.com
Please guide.
Spam

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 021#747021

khurana.priyanka
Newly Registered

Post by khurana.priyanka » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:07 pm

i_am_also_victim wrote:Hi, We just got confirmation today that we have assigned sponsorship licence. just to let you know!

we ask for urgent request on 3rd of december!
Congratulations!! We haven't heard anything yet. Fingers crossed

hashmil
Sri Lanka

Post by hashmil » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:09 pm

i_am_also_victim wrote:No Idea about it Priyanka, As I work as Software Engineer and one of my friend has same position and applied for Tier 2 switching from PSW in last april. He got his visa in july. So I am sure my position would be fine for this visa category.

What position are you working on?
I think from june the rules changed. Before that it didn't matter which NQF level you were on. but now it has to be level 6 or level 4 Creative.