ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from Tier 2 ICT to Tier 2 General

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

techie.storage
Newly Registered

Switching from Tier 2 ICT to Tier 2 General

Post by techie.storage » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:32 pm

Hello,

I am presently on Tier 2 ICT application made in Oct 12 and valid till april 13.
Is it possible to switch?
I read on ukhba, that there is cooling off period 12 months.is there any exceptions to get rid of this?

Sinha12
Newly Registered

Post by Sinha12 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:15 pm

I do NOT think so . But check with www.contractors4u.com , I heard they have done few cases like this.. not sure how?

techie.storage
Newly Registered

Post by techie.storage » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:28 pm

Thanks for the info.

Jeeves

Re: Switching from Tier 2 ICT to Tier 2 General

Post by Jeeves » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:54 pm

techie.storage wrote:Hello,

I am presently on Tier 2 ICT application made in Oct 12 and valid till april 13.
No. See paragraph 245HD(c) of the Immigration Rules.
techie.storage wrote: I read on ukhba, that there is cooling off period 12 months.is there any exceptions to get rid of this?
No. See paragraph 245GB(g) of the Immigration Rules.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... es/part6a/

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:15 pm

Sinha12 wrote:I do NOT think so . But check with www.contractors4u.com , I heard they have done few cases like this.. not sure how?
Spam spam spam spam, spam spam spam spam

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 021#747021

amyharris
Newly Registered

Post by amyharris » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:07 pm

I understand the question and the answer given below to techie.storage

However, I would like some help on my situation.

I am also on a Tier 2 ICT visa (Granted before 6 april 2011), am I correct in assuming that I can switch to Tier 2 General (changing sponsor) within the country?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Jeeves wrote:

techie.storage wrote: I read on ukhba, that there is cooling off period 12 months.is there any exceptions to get rid of this?

techie.storage
Newly Registered

Post by techie.storage » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:04 pm

Jeeves wrote:

As per the rule,i can only apply for ICT long term right

kranthi15

Post by kranthi15 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:50 pm

Yes, I know people who have done it this week...as long as you got new sponsor ready to apply for getting this done..

If your tier2(ICT) visa was before 6th April 2011 you can switch sponsor with in UK and move on to Tier2(general)and start HAPPY DAYS...

GOOD LUCK
Cheers

techie.storage
Newly Registered

Post by techie.storage » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:26 pm

kranthi15 wrote:Yes, I know people who have done it this week...as long as you got new sponsor ready to apply for getting this done..

If your tier2(ICT) visa was before 6th April 2011 you can switch sponsor with in UK and move on to Tier2(general)and start HAPPY DAYS...

GOOD LUCK
Hello Kranthi,

But,my application was after 2011 i.e, oct-2012,i guess only the option is switching into ICT longterm.

is it possible to switch into ICT long term through new employer? or there any conditions?

kranthi15

Post by kranthi15 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:40 pm

To qualify ICT UKBA has got some set rules. . To switch from one company ICT to other company ICT depends on second company'S SPONSOR SHIP LICENSE... WHICH YOU NEED TO CHECK WITH SECOND COMPANY HR/LEGAL TEAM WHO DEAL WITH it's sponsor license... as it depends bond many factors

AGAIN IF YOUR visa states ICT(ESTABLISHED STAFF) THEN more possibility. .

Some expert should answer your Question...this is new to me..sry
Cheers

techie.storage
Newly Registered

Post by techie.storage » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:52 pm

kranthi15 wrote:To qualify ICT UKBA has got some set rules. . To switch from one company ICT to other company ICT depends on second company'S SPONSOR SHIP LICENSE... WHICH YOU NEED TO CHECK WITH SECOND COMPANY HR/LEGAL TEAM WHO DEAL WITH it's sponsor license... as it depends bond many factors

AGAIN IF YOUR visa states ICT(ESTABLISHED STAFF) THEN more possibility. .

Some expert should answer your Question...this is new to me..sry
Seniors your suggestion please

techie.storage
Newly Registered

Post by techie.storage » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:03 pm

is it possible to switch into ICT long term through new employer? or there any conditions?

Jeeves

Post by Jeeves » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:45 pm

amyharris wrote:I understand the question and the answer given below to techie.storage

However, I would like some help on my situation.

I am also on a Tier 2 ICT visa (Granted before 6 april 2011), am I correct in assuming that I can switch to Tier 2 General (changing sponsor) within the country?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
The Immigration Rules state:
Immigration Rules - 245HD(c) wrote: (c) An applicant who has, or was last granted leave as a Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer) Migrant must:

(i) have previously had leave as a Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer) Migrant under the Rules in place before 6 April 2010, or in the Established Staff sub-category under the Rules in place before 6 April 2011,

(ii) not have been granted entry clearance in this or any other route since the grant of leave referred to in (i) above; and

(iii) not be applying to work for the same Sponsor as sponsored him when he was last granted leave.

Jeeves

Post by Jeeves » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:48 pm

techie.storage wrote:is it possible to switch into ICT long term through new employer? or there any conditions?
No, the ICT route is there for UK companies to bring staff from their overseas office(s) - they can't use it to hire people working for a different employer within the UK.

See 245GD of the Immigration Rules for the full details of who can apply for Leave to Remain in this category.