ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mn1 application processing time query

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lotstoread
Newly Registered

Mn1 application processing time query

Post by lotstoread » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:22 pm

Hi

I have applied for my sons registration as british citizen on 30th november and the fees got deducted today. Have applied through ncs. The processing time is currently 3-6 months. I have got travel plans in 1st week of february. Is there any way i can request to process the application bit quicker? Any email address or contact number which i can use to contact them and explain my circumstances?

Thanks

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:36 pm

What section is the application being made under? Section 1(3) or section 3(1)?

Section 1(3) applications tend to be dealt with quicker. That should be the case, after all they are "entitlement" applications, no UKBA discretion involved.
John

lotstoread
Newly Registered

Post by lotstoread » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:39 pm

Thanks for replying john. The application is under sec 1(3).

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: Mn1 application processing time query

Post by Jambo » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:52 pm

lotstoread wrote: The processing time is currently 3-6 months.
On what are you basing that? The timeline sticky seems to indicate 5 weeks for most applications.

lotstoread
Newly Registered

Re: Mn1 application processing time query

Post by lotstoread » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:07 pm

Jambo wrote:
lotstoread wrote: The processing time is currently 3-6 months.
On what are you basing that? The timeline sticky seems to indicate 5 weeks for most applications.
Received the acknowledgement today and it says processing times are upto 6 months? In case i dont hear in 5 weeks or so than is there any way i can request to speed up as i have got travel plans? Thanks