ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigration Dubai:Advice required about lodging a complaint

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Jwana

Immigration Dubai:Advice required about lodging a complaint

Post by Jwana » Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:25 pm

I would appreciate any advice as to how I can go about lodging a formal complaint against Immigration in UAE (Dubai airport) on behalf of my partner who is a Kenyan national.

Please bear with me while I outline the facts.

Yesterday (Saturday) he flew into Dubai from Nairobi on his way to the UK but had to go through Dubai Immigration in order to collect his luggage & check-in to his UK flight as he was changing airlines. He was detained for quite a while because Immigration officials queried why he had travelled between Kenya and South Africa several times in the last few months. He had taken his son there for medical treatment & showed them letters from the doctor in SA confirming this. He was finally allowed through but by this time had missed his flight to the UK.

The airline re-ticketed him for a flight today (there's only one flight per day to Newcastle). However, when he tried to pass through Immigration on his way to the boarding gate he was again detained and asked the same questions. The Immigration officials then wanted to know how he had been issued with a visitor visa to the UK to see his partner (me) even though we are not married. He explained that this is not a requirement for a UK partner visitor visa + he had already had the visa approved by the UK embassy in Nairobi.

He was kept there for 4 hours which meant he missed his plane again & is now still in Dubai trying to find out where his luggage has been sent and what he can do about another ticket. He's also wondering how he can even get on another flight if this is going to keep happening every time he tries to pass Immigration.

I feel that this is a case of Dubai Immigration completely over stepping their authority and as a result have caused huge stress, anxiety and cost to both my partner & myself.

Is there anyone we can complain to formally about this and also is there anyone we could contact in Dubai to try & help resolve this insanity?

Thank you!

Jwana

Anyone?

Post by Jwana » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:26 pm

If anyone can offer any help or advice out there it would be much appreciated.

My partner is now into day 4 of this saga & is still at Dubai airport being asked the same questions over & over again every time he gets to Immigration.

And no - he's not a drug runner!

Thanks.

ric1982
Member of Standing

Re: Anyone?

Post by ric1982 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:54 am

Jwana wrote:If anyone can offer any help or advice out there it would be much appreciated.

My partner is now into day 4 of this saga & is still at Dubai airport being asked the same questions over & over again every time he gets to Immigration.

And no - he's not a drug runner!

Thanks.
It sounds desperate. Best advise I can give is to contact an immigration solicitor (esp. who has experience of middle east).