ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

what are the details that should mention in employer letter?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

patt

what are the details that should mention in employer letter?

Post by patt » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:44 pm

Hi all,

I'm about to apply ILR and I am not too sure about details in employer letter?

Apart from position, length of service and salary, whatelese should include in employer letter?

thank you very much.

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:04 am

You did not mention your immigration status. It is not possible to answer question with out immigration status.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=76413

splashing

Post by splashing » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:56 am

Please for someone on a Tier 1 general and about to apply for ILR, what information should be in my employer's letter

thanks

saayinla

Post by saayinla » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:57 pm

splashing wrote:Please for someone on a Tier 1 general and about to apply for ILR, what information should be in my employer's letter

thanks
I do not think there is anywhere on the form where it says part of the requirement is to provide an employer's letter except you are on Tier 2 which you clearly are not on.

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:44 pm

For tier 1 general employer letter is not a requirement. However if any issue (name/ payment not match with bank etc) then a standard letter explaining those issue will be enough.

patt

Post by patt » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:05 pm

My status is TIER 1 general and about to apply ILR.
Anything should I included apart from length of service, position ?

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:17 pm

patt wrote:My status is TIER 1 general and about to apply ILR.
Anything should I included apart from length of service, position ?
An employer letter is not required for Tier 1 General Settlement Applications. So unless there is anything specific that you want your employer to confirm based on your individual circumstances/ILR application (E.g. justification of business related absences), then the letter you speak of is not required.

Do however keep an eye out for the amended policy guidance which is due to be published on December 13th to see whether there will be a change to this. (E.g. An employer letter to confirm your annual leave absences is one possible change that may be introduced)